Thread: Dentists?

Default Dentists?

Hi All, anybody had any good experiences with dentists in the drury/ papakura/ takanini/ manurewa corridor?

Wisdom teeth cometh!!

Thanks, alan.

Have found an amazing dentist in Sandringham but I guess that is too far central for you...

Quote Originally Posted by alan999 View Post
    Wisdom teeth cometh!!
    Ouch! Good luck.

Thanks for the help but it looks like lucky dip, Sandringham a bit too far away thanks. It's my daughter with the problem so my only pain concerns the pocket! Found a dentist that looks OK in Manurewa and have an appointment tomorrow.
    I've found some info that suggests if it's a serious case involving pain so it needs a general and referred to hospital, treatment is free? Any truth in this anyone?
    Not that I wish for her to go through that, but might be better not to demonstrate her typical reluctance to admit to any weakness when asked "Tell me, on a scale of one to ten how would you describe yor pain?"

Is she still at school? If she is, her dental treatment will be free.

And yes, you're right about free treatment at hospital if someone is referred by a dentist. http://www.healthysmiles.org.nz/defa...new-zealand.sm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Is she still at school? If she is, her dental treatment will be free.

And yes, you're right about free treatment at hospital if someone is referred by a dentist. http://www.healthysmiles.org.nz/defa...new-zealand.sm
    No unfortunately, 21years old but still at uni. which I don't think qualifies.
    Seems most of her friends had them out while under 18 whether or not giving problems. Dunno how they could do that before they come through though.

No - weird that. Unless they had a full operation and the dentist went digging for them. I had wisdom teeth that only came through very gradually, over decades, and only had the last of them out, local anaesthetic, when I was already retired. But my successive dentists here in the UK weren't bothered about taking them out unless they were hurting or otherwise a nuisance.