Thread: PR interview

Default PR interview

Hi, my PR interview is this Monday morning. I am getting prepared and noticed that on some threads there are examples of questions. One of them was about who you know in new Zealand. We have lots of friends there, do They actually ever contact them?
    Also, my CO did not state if they wanted my husband to be with me during the interview. He was planning on staying out of town with the kids camping so I could be at home in a quiet place. Would they tell me if they wanted to speak with him as well? thx!

I think it would be a good idea if you had some contact details for your NZ friends and just give them a 'heads up'. I have cousins in Auckland and let them know we were at the interview stage and had their address and telephone number to hand just in case our CO asked for it.

I am surprised your CO did not state that your husband should be present during the interview. I think usually the interview is directed mostly at the primary applicant with a few questions directed at the OH, but if he's not there he's not there. It's a little late to check whether he should be there now, so maybe just be upfront about it at the start, say your OH has gone camping with the kids as you didn't think he was required.

Do notice that what you're presently hoping to get is now called Residence (not PR), as they changed the names last November. Just mentioning in case there could be confusion in the interview, since they cleverly reused PR to mean something else.

Thanks JandM I realize that, thank you. Slightly nervous, just want to get it all done.

Just wanted to let you all know that I was just approved for the residence visa!