Thread: Anyone used Pet Exports UK Ltd?

Default Anyone used Pet Exports UK Ltd?

Hi there, I am new to this board. We are hoping to move to NZ in Oct (heard from immigration today and sounds like my residence visa is nearly sorted ) and will be taking our 2 beloved cats with us.

I have been looking into pet exporters and had a few different quotes but i am tempted to go with a smaller company called Pet Exports UK Ltd.

Despite having a much more basic website they have been the most helpful and knowledgeable so far. However, possibly because they are a smaller company, there doesn't seem to be much info on them out there. I have asked them for references directly but just thought I would ask the question on here as well. Anyone used them before? What was your experience?

Hello and welcome.

Thanks JandM this is a fantastic site, with heaps of useful info

In case anyone is reading this thread, I am comparing a quote from Airpets now as well. More expensive but more built in to the service including pick up from Somerset. I saw a few good reviews on here when I used the search function but if anyone has used them recently to ship cats and has any advice/ comments about their service it would be most welcome.

I am a neurotic cat mum and feel bad about dragging my 'fur-babies' to the other side of the world but a) couldn't possibly leave them behind and b) at least they are young (4) and hopefully they will forgive me...one day!!!

Hello,
    We will be following around Christmas/New year and are bringing out two dogs with us. We did a great deal of shopping around and getting quotes and decided that "Green Arrow" were for us. They have great reviews and are so quaint, communicating via post. They are fairly reasonably priced and you can board with them in advance. Give them a ring they are really friendly.

Good luck!

On another note, are you going to rent when you get there? If so have you looking in to the allowance of pets on the premises?

We used Pinehawk Kennels in UK and they were great. They found air freight space at short notice to beat the recently changed NZ quarantine rules.They were cheapish, friendly and efficient.

We would have chosen Golden Arrow, if we were not rushing to find air freight space at the time.

Avoid sending your pet to NZ before you arrive, as Customs are entitled to charge GST on the animal's air freight costs if you do. We are still trying to convince Auckland customs that we should be exempt from almost $600 GST.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaine View Post
    Hello,
    We will be following around Christmas/New year and are bringing out two dogs with us. We did a great deal of shopping around and getting quotes and decided that "Green Arrow" were for us. They have great reviews and are so quaint, communicating via post. They are fairly reasonably priced and you can board with them in advance. Give them a ring they are really friendly.

Good luck!

On another note, are you going to rent when you get there? If so have you looking in to the allowance of pets on the premises?

Thanks for reply, we are buying (already have fantastic place selected and deposit paid) so that's all sorted but thanks anyway. Renting with pets can be interesting as I have found out over here in the UK so its something people do need to bear in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by fairburnings View Post
    We used Pinehawk Kennels in UK and they were great. They found air freight space at short notice to beat the recently changed NZ quarantine rules.They were cheapish, friendly and efficient.

We would have chosen Golden Arrow, if we were not rushing to find air freight space at the time.

Avoid sending your pet to NZ before you arrive, as Customs are entitled to charge GST on the animal's air freight costs if you do. We are still trying to convince Auckland customs that we should be exempt from almost $600 GST.
    Thanks for reply, I looked at Golden arrow and they look fantastic but the only thing that put me off was the extra journey from where we are (Somerset) up to Shropshire to then go back down to Heathrow. The 2 options we are looking at currently have cattery within a few miles of airport so its just one journey of a couple hours up M5/M4. I had never heard of Pinehawk though so thanks and I will check em out

Thanks also for the heads up re timings. Looks like they will be on same plane as us so hopefully not a problem but I had no idea about GST on airfreight if you ship in advance. I wonder why that is?

I'm shipping my dog in December and have chosen Golden Arrow. They've been fantastic so far, and I really like how they take care of the final testing/treatments etc - one less thing to worry about in the final days!

I've just noticed you're in Somerset and remembered another thread where a kennel in Weston was used - for some reason I can't link to the thread but here's the post....

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    not sure where you are but we used Whitehaven kennels in WSMare who were excellant and looked after our dog for a fortnight, does the quarantine need to be in NZ? where are you headed I can recommend a kennels in Wellington called Glenside which is run by an ex collegue

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    I've just noticed you're in Somerset and remembered another thread where a kennel in Weston was used - for some reason I can't link to the thread but here's the post....
    ooh that could be very handy...... *scuttles off to google them*
    Thanks whakapapa!