Thread: extending a talent wtr visa

Default extending a talent wtr visa

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything so...

Has anyone extended a talent wtr visa? Mine runs out soon and whilst the PR conversion is straight forward I only plan on staying another 6 months so if possible an extension may be preferable for me. Anyone know if there are any precedents?

Thanks

So you've been here for around 2 years already? I can't see why you wouldn't want to just get the PR now.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you though. We were just keen to be able to change over to PR from WTR as soon as possible

Actually I have been here > 3 years! first on a whv then the 30 month talent.

This runs out in December.

Problem is I will probably be away from NZ from next week until December.

So I'm after a quick fix time wise (and perhaps money wise)

Ideally I would have already done the PR conversion but not having any long term intentions apathy got the better of me.

Maybe you should go and talk to someone at INZ face to face, and see what they can offer you. I haven't seen anyone on the threads talking about an exact precedent for you. And timewise, you seem to have really backed yourself into a corner.

thanks, I'll do just that. Is always nice to go armed with an example but here goes.