Thread: Is agency acceptance same as job offer???

Default Is agency acceptance same as job offer???

Hi,
    I've been accepted by 2 job agencies for NZ Midwifery posts when we emmigrate July 2012. Too early get definite job but both agencies assure me of a permanent post in time to emmigrate. Problem is - using the agencies is the last resort as you have to complete a minimum of 12 motnhs with that agency. I was hoping to go direct to DHBs nearer time and I've already made contacts at the DHBs which I would be potentially applying to.

ANYWAY - the question is- I have been selected with EOI of 150 points (no job offer) and am ready to submit ITA this week. I haven't changed info to job offer as I don't have anything in concrete re: jobs. I have included however in the evidence re: acceptance by agencies.

Would NZ Immigration take the Midwifery agencies' acceptance as a job offer????

Could do with some advice as soon as possible please

Many thanks in advance

Nicky

No. If you get a job offer, as various already-NZ-based members will tell you, you have to send to INZ a copy of the offer letter which would give all the specifics, and include all the small print of the contract.

To echo the above, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by smith2182 View Post
    I've been accepted by 2 job agencies for NZ Midwifery posts when we emmigrate July 2012. Too early get definite job but both agencies assure me of a permanent post in time to emmigrate.
    And to 'third', that is absolutely crap, an agency just cannot assure you of a job (offer)!!

Smith2182, submit you ITA as you should be ok with 150 and then when you're ready apply through the DHB.

Clare works in Neo Nats and we applied from scratch and were here within 2 months , (had already sorted nurse reg )

Many thanks for you help. Thought this was the case but wanted to check.
    Thanks again
    Nicky