Thread: Mistake in PR application

Default Mistake in PR application

Hi Friends,

I applied for my WTR to PR assessment and I have just heard back from my case officer he asked me to provide my family members data, I have just compiled a document of my family members along with date of births.

But Problem is this:

I was reviewing my PR application copy and I saw that at the PR form submission there was mistake in my mother's name and her date of birth, I had used a consultant that time to assess my application and somehow it seems that my mother's name was erroneously mentioned in PR form.

I just got my mother's Passport copy with me and it has correct name and correct date of birth. I want to inform my case officer about the correct name and date of birth. How can I do that do I have to send any special document to my case officer or what? does this affect my application (I am scared ). What should I do please help

Thanks

You should have contact details (e-mail address or phone no) for your Case Officer. I would contact them as soon as possible and advise them of the error. They may want a copy of your Mother's passport details but the fact that you have recognised the error and advised them will go in your favour.

Thanks.. Do I have to give any AFFIDAVIT for that? Or just send an email to CO about the change?
    also JANDM and Ocean what do you suggest?

I think in the first instance, you should simply contact your CO and explain that your mother's details had been accidentally copied incorrectly, and give the proper version. I can't think there will be any big problem - you are not the first person this ever happened to, and INZ will be well used to human error. If the CO needs any more proof, such as affidavits, or a sight of the original certificate, s/he will soon tell you.

Thanks JandM, that makes sense.