Thread: typed or handwriting version -- how to prepare immigration work reference?

Smile typed or handwriting version -- how to prepare immigration work reference?

Hi guys,

It's very delighted to meet you all here. I am a new comer for this forum with hold of a dream to become New Zealand resident.

So far I met a problem during time of my preparation for my work reference. It seems that handwriting version of work reference would impose more effort to me in many aspects. Therefore, I came up with this kind of solution as follows:

1. request my managers to whom I reported to provide me with computer version of empty letter paper with company letterhead(e.g. MS word document).
    2. Based on this empty letter doc, I will write all of aspects about my work experience for specific periods via typing not handwriting, just leaving the signature blank.
    3. Send back this typed work reference by my typing to my manager, ask her/him to read and print it to real paper.
    4. Finally, she/he signs name in this real paper.
    5. She/he scans this real paper through a photocopier in order to generate a PDF version photocopy of this paper(this step will create another computer document i.e. PDF version).
    6. By this photocopier, it is usually able to send me this PDF version photocopy via email.

By means of this way aforementioned, a PDF version of work reference combined with genuine signature is created. Most important, I can print it in any times and in any ways. It's really handy for me.

I saw there are several occasions in which this way of proof is adopted.

So I just wonder this kind of way of creating work reference is acceptable for immigration New Zealand or not.

Thanks in advance! Wish you all the best.

Hello and welcome.

I think it very likely that INZ will require to see real documents with the genuine signature on them, such as will have been produced at stage 4 of your scenario. Otherwise, who's to say that you haven't done a clever fake-up? YOU know you are a truthful person, but INZ can't take anyone on trust.

Thank you very much!

Hi guys,

I have one more question about evidence of recognized work experience. In the guide of application for residence, section "Completing Section G Recognised work experience", it lists following documents required to submit:

• References on company letterhead.
    • Pay slips.
    • Job specifications.
    • Tax records.
    • Letters of appointment.
    • Contracts.
    • Job assessments.

Probably, I lost some of them. It turns out that I could not collect all of them for each jobs. I am wondering whether it is acceptable that I submit supporting documents selectively. In other words, I just submit important documents as necessary, in case I got lost some documents that are not very vital, I just ignore it.

Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman_bo_ye View Post
    Probably, I lost some of them. It turns out that I could not collect all of them for each jobs. I am wondering whether it is acceptable that I submit supporting documents selectively. In other words, I just submit important documents as necessary, in case I got lost some documents that are not very vital, I just ignore it.
    Your best bet is to actually call the Immigration Department and ask them what is acceptable and what is necessary and what you can do in the case you are missing something. I had to call quite a few times when I filled out my application and sometimes I was right and it was an unnecessary call. However, twice I was very very wrong and would have had to refile the whole thing. Personally, I found the people in the department extremely friendly and willing to help.

Hi kiwieagle, you've really been helpful, much appreciation!

Hi guys, I need you guys' help again.

I have contacted one of my previous manager to ask work reference for one previous period of work experience. However, he told there is no specialized company letter paper bearing the company letterhead. As that company is small private owned company, they didn't design the specific letter paper with letterhead, which makes the company more professional.

So I am afraid that I have to request the work reference in plain paper. Do you guys meet the similar situation? How can I work out this awkward?

Any advice? Thanks you in advance!

In these days of desk-top publishing, surely he, or you, can put together a heading for the letter, giving the company details, address, phone number, etc., in reasonably decorative print and layout, so it looks official?* INZ aren't going to know that nobody had ever used that letterhead before, and may never do again. The important thing is that if someone uses the contact details given, your previous manager is there on the other end of them to answer any questions.

*That's exactly what our 'headed notepaper' for home is. We don't pay someone else to print it.

Thank you JandM! you've really been helpful.

You're welcome - good luck.