Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! my NZQA fasttrack is taking 3 months!

Unhappy HELP! my NZQA fasttrack is taking 3 months!

Hey Guys,

!!Help PLEASE!!! Help!!!!

I have applied for a FASTTRACK NZQA Full international Assessment on the 5th of May 2011 for my silverfern jobsearch visa application.

And I am still waiting...

NZQA has all the documents and verification letters from various colleges and education bodies.

My deadline to submit the NZQA report is the 26th of August 2011.

Does anyone know the names of any supervisors currently at NZQA?
    Or any other means by which I can ask them -nicely- to speed up the process?

Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Hey Guys,

!!Help PLEASE!!! Help!!!!

Does anyone know the names of any supervisors currently at NZQA?
    Or any other means by which I can ask them -nicely- to speed up the process?
    JML:

I am not on fast track but have contacted NZQA twice via email when my application appeared 'stuck.'. I used the email link to QRS and they got back to me with 24 hours with a friendly and informative email.

Have you emailed them?

I emailed them as well, and they got straight back to me! I used the standard assessment and they did it quite quickly!

Have you checked the progress of your assessment online? What stage is it at? Has receipt been confirmed? There is no way fast track should take as long as it has unless there is something fundamentally wrong with your qualifications or the information you have provided. I would also have thought that they would have contacted you by know regarding further information or clarification requirements.

By comparison, I submitted my qualifications to the NZQA for a "Fast Track" IQA in mid June and had their assessment back exactly 3 weeks later.

You've not mailed it by slow boat have you by any chance? There are threads on here of NZQA sometimes taking an inordinantly long time to undertake IQA's but there is usually a reason.

I suggest you get in touch with them pronto and chase up why they aren't progressing things as they should.

Last edited by skywatcher; 19th August 2011 at 06:22 AM.

Hello Guys
    Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciated
    @ Adventurefamily - yes I've emailed them on several occasions and I've gotten replies back. My assessor doesn't take calls, but usually responds to emails within a week.

@wiseboy22 I did a Pre-assessment with NZQA back in 2009 .. and that went quick sticks... this application - not so much unfortunately.

@ skywatcher
    My documents arrived at NZQA safely 4 days after I sent them via courier. I have been in contact with NZQA via email. My assessment was delayed due to verification letters which needed to be sent from my places of study. But my assessor has confirmed that NZQA has all the verfication letters since the 5th of August 2011.

Despite this my Application is still on "Verfication of Qualification" and has yet to progress to "Evaluation"

My original deadline for my silverfern jobsearch visa was 28th of July 2011. I have already submitted all my other documents (IELTS, X-ray, doctor's cert, police cert, etc)to INZ along with proof that I've applied for a fasttrack NZQA assessment. Thus INZ has kindly extended my deadline to 26th of August 2011.

I know NZQA will eventually finish the process, but it bothers me that there seems to be no haste despite the fasttrack. I wouldn't have minded the NZQA taking long - If not for the deadline and the chance that I might lose my visa.

I am applying for a silverfern jobsearch visa and since they only have 300 places a year, I am afraid I won't get another chance if I lose this one.

If anyone has any suggestions what I can do - let me know - tx guys.

....If anyone has any suggestions what I can do - let me know - tx guys.
    Just keep up the pressure on your part.

From your response it seems that the issue has been around verification of your qualifications and associated transcipts from your higher education body. You SHOULD really have obtained these earlier and included them with your original data submission to NZQA, they are quite clear on their information requirements.

In view of this NZQA might also be looking to confirm the information they have received recently with the relevant education establishment so this will take time. It may be worth contacting your alma mater to advise them of the fact and to expect a communication from them after the effect.

The NZQA are there to ensure that any individuals qualifications, whether gained in NZ or elsewhere, are valid and consistent with accepted standards in their country. You can't blame them for taking the time to make sure that everything is legitimate especially if there might be a suspicion about the quality of information supplied in the first instance.

As stated previously, get in touch with them and check that they have everything they need to satisfy themselves regarding your qualifications.

Good luck.

From your response it seems that the issue has been around verification of your qualifications and associated transcipts from your higher education body. You SHOULD really have obtained these earlier and included them with your original data submission to NZQA, they are quite clear on their information requirements.
    Well, the transcripts, report cards etc was included in my original submission of documents to NZQA.
    I notified my college 2.5 months ago to expect letters/contact from NZQA.
    About 3 weeks ago NZQA has notified me that it has received all the feedback needed from my college.
    So even though my status says "waiting" NZQA has received everything needed -it's just not been updated online yet.

But I am keeping the pressure on. Tx!

Well, the transcripts, report cards etc was included in my original submission of documents to NZQA.
    I notified my college 2.5 months ago to expect letters/contact from NZQA.
    About 3 weeks ago NZQA has notified me that it has received all the feedback needed from my college.
    So even though my status says "waiting" NZQA has received everything needed -it's just not been updated online yet.

But I am keeping the pressure on. Tx!
    Well then you have done everything you can to expedite things. It sounds like possibly your college haven't been as quick as they should in verifiying matters with NZQA. I know my college in the UK were excellent at that aspect of things.

I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Hello just some quick feedback.

After posting on this forum I contacted NZQA again: sending emails, voice mgs and phonecalls. I managed to get hold of the right people and the result was that my report was finalised within 2 days and yesterday I collected my NZQA report from the courier's office! (I couldn't wait for DHL to bring it to me )

So I got my report in time - whew!
    Sending everything to INZ now - keeping fingers crossed!

That's great news! Good luck for things now going forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast