Thread: Shipping dog, be warned....

Default Shipping dog, be warned....

Dog flew (and I think arrived) out of DC to LA, and after fighting/arguing with cargo guy my about the fact that he thought my Domestic Health Certificate was not one(?) and then telling me that they only take visa for payment. VISA...spells visa, once I pointed this out the guy still had to call over his supervisor..I kid you not.

Getting checked in for flight and USDA decides that our large cage (L400) is not large enough for him!! It was when he left here... Guess he got fat on airline food! So $450 ish later we have a used extra large cage (big enough for a bloody elephant) and a ticket for larger cage.

So double check size of cage!!

Yes- your crate must meet certain standards (I can't remember what they're called at the moment.

But basically your pet must be able to stand and sit fully upright without their head hitting the top, turn around, and lay down comfortably with legs extended.

I had to get a medium sized cage for my cat for this reason as well.

Have you heard how he's doing? My biggest fear in all of this is our poor dogs We are still far enough off but already I am stressing! Bloody animals!!!! Every time one passes on to the happy hunting ground in the sky I always swear its the last time, yet here we are again with 2 huge beasts that will prob need horse boxes to be shipped over in!
    Hopefully your guy is doing well. He has to hang out in LA for 24hrs right?
    How are your nerves holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefamily View Post
    Have you heard how he's doing? My biggest fear in all of this is our poor dogs We are still far enough off but already I am stressing! Bloody animals!!!! Every time one passes on to the happy hunting ground in the sky I always swear its the last time, yet here we are again with 2 huge beasts that will prob need horse boxes to be shipped over in!
    Hopefully your guy is doing well. He has to hang out in LA for 24hrs right?
    How are your nerves holding up?
    He had to hang out in LA X 24 hrs and they sent me a cute pic of him checking in! I heard from IPT and he got there fine, is out of kennel stretching legs and eating!!

Now to get us over!! Yes you will need a horse box!!!!!!!

I figure that the pets do better than the adults because they have space to lie down....they arrived remarkably fresh, if hungry, but then they travel in more space than business class passengers. Is there not something ironic about that?

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    He had to hang out in LA X 24 hrs and they sent me a cute pic of him checking in! I heard from IPT and he got there fine, is out of kennel stretching legs and eating!!

Now to get us over!!
    I'm sure he coped just fine. I know Maddy did.

Good luck for your journey See you on the other side