Thread: Partnership Visa + Birth Certificate questions

Default Partnership Visa + Birth Certificate questions

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates since the last one - we've been v.busy but have finally kicked-off the process...

Since my last post we've sent off for police certificates for both of us (my Kiwi OH and myself) and I'll be booking myself in for a medical in the next two weeks which, all things being equal, should be fine. However...on form INZ1000 in section D10, should my OH be "included in this" application or, as she's a returning Kiwi (and sponsoring me), should she not?

Also, having received copies of my birth certificate from my parents, I've noticed that when the certificates were originally drawn-up (c.1975) that the last three letters of my surname are "tna" when all I can ever remember is it ending in "tne" - and none of my other documents carry the "tna" spelling. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and could this be a serious problem or something that could be smoothed-out relatively easily?

Cheers,

Adi

Don't know about the surname bit but no your partner is not included in the application if they already carry an NZ passport or RRV.

Hi April,

Thanks for that - I'll re-print the pages that I messed up!

Cheers,

Adi

About your surname, various other people have the experience of one or other of their 'name' documents not falling into line. In the first instance, I think you should enclose an explanatory letter with your application. Then, if one of your parents or someone else of the older generation in your family is still alive, you could get a formal 'to whom it may concern' letter from them to say that you, with the 'tna' birth certificate, are the same person always known as 'tne'. Otherwise, you might need to make a sworn statement. INZ will let you know what they need, if anything.

Thanks JandM - I've prepped my parents and they'll be providing a letter of support, as well as a letter re "tne" vs. "tna".