Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be an official Kiwi

Default Soon to be an official Kiwi

This coming Wednesday I will officially become a Kiwi

Applied for my citizenship at the start of June, a month later told I had been approved and finally on Friday (bit short notice) I received my invite to go to a citizenship ceremony this Wednesday lunchtime.

Was hoping to make a celebration of it - day off, afternoon tea at Ciccio (they have the best desserts) - but instead I will have to squeeze it into my busy day.

They ask you to wear your national dress (what would that be from the UK?) but preferably something smart. So I will wear a dress (for once), shame it's not a tartan one (half Scottish).

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Bally Bee View Post
    They ask you to wear your national dress (what would that be from the UK?) but preferably something smart. So I will wear a dress (for once), shame it's not a tartan one (half Scottish).
    Burberry Hoodie and JJB sweatpants.

Darn it, we'll be there on the evening to pick up our World Cup uniforms but can't get there earlier. Sure that you'd have appreciated our 'supporting' as you went up.

(are you coming over tomrorow for the Steamers?)

Thanks Duncan,

At least I won't have to worry about an airhorn!

I was wondering when you were coming over as I'm meeting a volunteer tomorrow (will find which one when I get there). and I won't be coming to the steamers, kick off is far too late (I've been going to bed at 8.30pm so doubt I would be awake for much of the second half).

I had thought of fake Burberry or an adidas tracksuit a la riot chic but they did seem to emphasise the word smart.

I can post the foghorn to Casey if you want?

Sadly then you'd need to go kilted for the Scottie theme. I assume the English part would need some pin stripes and a bowler hat. Or just go for a morris dancing costume - still summer over there.

Or if you want to get your citizenship revoked before you even get it then you can borrow one of our all black England Rugby shirts....

I could wear a cricket shirt? I left all my Man U replicas in the UK but I have an original Middlesex CCC top (not my team but belongs to one of my favourite players).

And Casey has his own airhorn, which he will be leaving in the garage. He doesn't need any encouragement!

This coming Wednesday I will officially become a Kiwi

Applied for my citizenship at the start of June, a month later told I had been approved and finally on Friday (bit short notice) I received my invite to go to a citizenship ceremony this Wednesday lunchtime.

Was hoping to make a celebration of it - day off, afternoon tea at Ciccio (they have the best desserts) - but instead I will have to squeeze it into my busy day.

Congratulations!

(How about one of those long gowns with sweeping sleeves, and a medieval pointed hat with a scarf floating from the end of it? )

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

(How about one of those long gowns with sweeping sleeves, and a medieval pointed hat with a scarf floating from the end of it? )
    I think she wanted something special, and not normal everyday wear.

Having said thathalf the time I see Ally she's in a rubber catsuit then the hat with flag is the better option....

They ask you to wear your national dress (what would that be from the UK?)
    Last year we went to a fancy dress where you had to wear your national costume or something representing your country. I went in a union jack waistcoat and Caroline went as a pearly queen. There was one guy from east london who was a cockney and he wore a turban
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 22nd August 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast