Thread: Calling people with experience for help

Default Calling people with experience for help

Hi guys
    My name is Kurt Seafield, im a qualified electrician from South Africa wanting to start a new life in New Zealand for me and my family (wife and two kids) as soon as posible.

Firstly some advise on visas, the way that im planning to come over is to fly over, get a visitors visa, find a job and apply for a work to residence visa.

Is this an option for me and does it work doing it this way?

Any replies will help.

Secondly i need advice from electricians or any one that can help, iv got references from previos employers, trade test certificate, trade test results and i have about six years experince.

What else do i need to send to the EWRB. I just want to get it right first time.

Third and final question, what is the lifestyle more or less that i can live the as a electrician and my wife is a PA, will we have a comfortable life that side seeing that when we make our move we have to to start everything from scratch again?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I don't know about your question what I do know is that you can apply for a visa if you are contracted in NZ by a boss and then you are legally working so... but I can't say exactly how this stuff works

Hello and welcome.

In general terms, many people have done things the way you outline, but do a Search (button on the blue bar above) on electricians and EWRB, as there are specific requirements before you can be considered on level terms with NZ workers - it's all been detailed on old threads.

Also can anyone tell me what the job market is like foe electricians. (Job availability)

Here's the current demand for Electricians on Trademe Jobs:
    http://www2.careers.govt.nz/maps/?jc...&q=Electrician