Thread: Air Purifier/Cleaner

Default Air Purifier/Cleaner

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question. I have bad allergies and it's only compounded here because of Kiwi's love for carpet on their floor. lol. I have been looking for an air purifier for a decent price. I used to have a basic Honeywell one in Canada that had a reusable filter for $100. I am looking for something similar in NZ but can't seem to find anything. I know it will probably cost more than that here but I also can't drop $1000 on it.

I see fishpond and dinodirect sell them and stuff but I am concerned they are US models and the voltage won't work here (like they will only be 120V). Has anyone seen any with reusable filters in NZ? I am in Christchurch and would like to get one ASAP. Please help! Thanks!

For several years I suffered from bad allergies upon coming to NZ. A partial (and expensive) solution was de-sensitisation which isn't a cure. What it did do for me is that it controlled my allergies for most of the year (without taking any allergy anti-histamine). Months between Nov -> Feb is when it hits me but I can still manage without taking pills.

I'm not sure how well air purifiers work inside a room. It didn't seem to matter if I was in a small bathroom or in the shopping mall, the pollen would still be around.

How about this?

http://www.breathe.gr/en/index.htm

A few years back there was a woman in Ngatea on the Hauraki Plains who had the NZ distribution rights. She is an expat from Northern Ireland and used it back home with her asthmatic kids. They didn't bring it with them when they first immigrated and the asthma got worse (lack of insulation, damp home etc).

I think she's moved to Te Aroha now but worth hunting down. Can't remember her name though, sorry.

Hi there

My friend sells these into businesses..
    She may do individual domestic ones too.

Website is: www.activtek.co.nz

Thanks for the replies, the oils thing throws me off, lol. I am looking for one with a HEPA filter etc. It really sucks that all I can find is disposable filter ones. Again example of how NZ is about 30 years behind, lol. I got a call from Daiken and am going to check in to one of those, but I think they are around $700 which is way too steep for me. I'd love to get allergy resistance but those shots are way too expensive. I'm looking to spend no more than 200-300 NZD.