Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1 Week In - Christchurch Stylee...

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    Trademe has lots of cheapy stuff on there at the moment
    Thanks for the tip Sophie. Mrs RR is on trademe at this very moment buying stuff. As I understand it, so far this evening I have bought a fridge, washing machine, bed and various kitchen stuff. She has that determined look on her face which suggests she hasn't quite finished yet

RR

Don't forget the Sallies, you can always pick up some cheap furniture and donate it back after

For anyone interested in our Christchurch rental story, a brief update:

We moved into our rental house on Saturday. The property is unfurnished and the neighbours on both sides have been great. On one side we have a family who have been there 20 years and on the other side a couple who have been there 5 years. Within a few hours of our arrival the neighbours had provided us with lounge chairs, dining table & chairs, TV, mountain bike & helmet and the password to their wifi broadband. What a warm welcome! If they are representative of Kiwi hospitality towards neighbours then all the hard work of securing a rental was worth it.

We've ordered a washing machine, fridge, sofas and bed which will be delivered at some point this week. We did find that sleeping on yoga mats in the back bedroom was a wee bit chilly. The nearest source of heat being a heat pump at the front of the house. An oil-filled radiator was quickly purchased on Sunday which made last night much more bearable. The cold weather at night did have the advantage of bringing Mr & Mrs RR that much closer though

RR

Quote Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
    Thanks for the tip Sophie. Mrs RR is on trademe at this very moment buying stuff. As I understand it, so far this evening I have bought a fridge, washing machine, bed and various kitchen stuff. She has that determined look on her face which suggests she hasn't quite finished yet

RR

LOL,
    OH arrived in Waikato 5 weeks ago and it took him 2 weeks to find a decent rental(no heat pump) but we had complication of having a large dog too. We are also camping out on inflateables and I have out 'shopping' as well.

I think the only thing we don't have is real beds and a microwave..

Have fun and congrats on the rental..

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Have fun and congrats on the rental...
    Thanks Hagabel,

It’s funny how on one level the comforts seem to matter, but on another they are completely unimportant. I think I would find it tough being here on my own, but with the two of us the deprivation is quite funny. A McDonalds cup was all I had to drink from for a couple of days and I grew rather fond of it until it went soggy.

RR

Glad you got your self sorted with rental and the neibours have been good to you, Lets hope things continue to work with you.

hi Rollsroyce, good on you for the posts and the right attitude to it all. It is a tad different in chch at the moment, Pete and I have been here for over 7 and a half years and we love the place. If you want to give us a ring about anything phone our work number for the 6 weeks 9616 747.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234