Thread: Job Vacancy Heatmap

Default Job Vacancy Heatmap

Hi everyone!
    I am a website developer for Careers New Zealand, which offers careers advice to Kiwis and new immigrants to New Zealand. I stare at the job summary pages on our website all day as part of my job duties, but one day I had the idea to search for these jobs on Trademe and show where you can find them on a map of New Zealand. If you're considering any of the careers you find on our website, you can see immediately what the current job demand for that particular job is in New Zealand, and in what regions you're most likely to find work.

The map can be found at http://www2.careers.govt.nz/maps/. A miniature version can be found on any listing in our Jobs Database, if there are vacancies to show you. I am an immigrant myself, and I really wish I had a tool like this when considering my own move to New Zealand. Just thought I would pay it forward! Enjoy
    Last edited by LuminaireX; 29th August 2011 at 01:03 PM.

whoops- realised I was being silly.

That's really cool!

PS: We have a similar tool called the Canterbury Job Matcher, for anyone that's lost their job due to the February quake. It identifies any transferable skills you may have, then matches them with vacancies that you'd be able to do in the Canterbury region.

Canterbury is desperate for skilled workers right now, so if you have skills and don't mind the earth shaking a bit, go for it!

hi, you say your in imigration?would you be able to help me get into nz and get work?ive just recently been qualified in welding in arc & mig. im looking to relocate but dont have visa yet.not sure if i qualify as i did the points test before and im at 76 points.

Do please read what the original post says.
    I am a website developer for Careers New Zealand, which offers careers advice to Kiwis and new immigrants
    That's not at all the same as being in immigration. Nobody on this site is allowed to give immigration advice or arrange anything - it's against NZ law. See here for the explanation. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859

If you have found the points calculator on the INZ website, you are looking in the right place. Did you look at your situation before or after you got your welding qualifications? What exact qualification do you now have?

If there is any part of the calculator or the INZ website that you don't understand, give a quote and post a link, and people will do their best to explain.

I am definitely NOT involved with immigration in any way whatsoever. I program websites and am not even remotely qualified to offer you immigration or visa advice, and I can't help you with that in anyway.

JandM is right, anyone offering advice like that without having a stack of qualifications to do so is breaking numerous laws.
    Last edited by LuminaireX; 30th August 2011 at 12:51 PM.