Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best suburbs to live in Cantebury - close proximity to christchurch city

Default Best suburbs to live in Cantebury - close proximity to christchurch city

I am thinking of exploring cantebury, more in close proximity to christchurch but outside the earthquake zone..can anyone share great suburbs with good schools, parks etc, family oriented, upper middle class...My job will be located in christchurch but id love to buy a home outside of the earthquake zone...30-40 mins commute would be fine...we prefer newer homes and subdivisions..Any ideas please....help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by west indies View Post
    more in close proximity to christchurch but outside the earthquake zone..
    there is actually no outside you have to define it differently

Check GeoNet for more information; http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/

Thanks Ralf..can you tell me any info about Beckenham and cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by west indies View Post
    Thanks Ralf..can you tell me any info about Beckenham and cashmere
    Sorry I don't have any personal/first hand information but only from other sources.

Just wait for he Cantabrians to respond in detail.

To be away from the shaky bits you really need to head NW of city or even out here to Rangiora or Pegasus

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    To be away from the shaky bits you really need to head NW of city or even out here to Rangiora or Pegasus
    Hey Benandclare,

We have kindly been offered some temp accommodation in fernside just next to Rangiora in 9 weeks time when we are due to arrive. My husband was concerned about the commute time to work (he has been based at new brighton until the re-build work has been completed). How long does it take to get into the city? Also is there much in Rangiora, as we also are looking to get a place thats away from the shakes but not too much of a commute.

Thanks

Cherry xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Hey Benandclare,

We have kindly been offered some temp accommodation in fernside just next to Rangiora in 9 weeks time when we are due to arrive. My husband was concerned about the commute time to work (he has been based at new brighton until the re-build work has been completed). How long does it take to get into the city? Also is there much in Rangiora, as we also are looking to get a place thats away from the shakes but not too much of a commute.

Thanks

Cherry xxx
    Excellent place to live that Fernside

Takes me 30 mins to get to North New Brighton for a 8.50 am gardening start , 40 mins to get to just South of Fendalton this morning at 8.45 and it takes Clare 35 mins to get to Hospital at 6.30 am

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Excellent place to live that Fernside

Takes me 30 mins to get to North New Brighton for a 8.50 am gardening start , 40 mins to get to just South of Fendalton this morning at 8.45 and it takes Clare 35 mins to get to Hospital at 6.30 am
    That's great to know, my husband will be pleased. We had put the postcodes into the google journey planner and it was giving an estimated time of 45 minutes; but he will be leaving for work at 6:30am or earlier for a 7am start, so im guessing 30 minutes would be a more accurate time to go by.

Thank you

x

Forgot to say we find Rangiora has everything we need.

Very good New World and Pak and Save being built, cinema,very good Indian and Thai eateries and two swanky restaurants ( bit expensive though).

I've heard Pegasus is nice, never been there, looks a bit far, but depending on where you are from it may or may not be a long commute to you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast