Thread: Wellington Back packers accommodation

Default Wellington Back packers accommodation

Relations coming from Canada for RWC and needing accommodation for the 30/09 and 1/10 for the Canada vs NZ game - hope we haven't left it too late. Can anyone give me any ideas of where to find this - preferably close to the stadium. Thanks for any help

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Downtown Backpackers is the clsoest backpacker accommodation to the stadium. Just opposite the station, which has an interconnecting walkway to the Cake Tin.

http://www.downtownbackpackers.co.nz/

There is some availability but it is limited.

If you can get hold of a campervan, there's always the central camparvan park - which is nothing more than a glorified car park, but walkable again.

http://www.wwmp.co.nz/home

Or simply have a search on wotif.com or expedia.co.nz or grabaseat.co.nz/beds for all available rooms.

Thanks Manks tried them all - but nothing available. Might have to camp over night!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steadybears View Post
    Relations coming from Canada for RWC and needing accommodation for the 30/09 and 1/10 for the Canada vs NZ game - hope we haven't left it too late. Can anyone give me any ideas of where to find this - preferably close to the stadium. Thanks for any help
    Hey, do they need tickets to either of the Napier games? I've found myself with a surplus.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Capitall Gateway has rooms. Just outside the city so a short drive or bus ride to the game. Expensive though.

If they're looking for something cheaper, try the St George.

Places are completely booked up though. Even Wellington Top 10 is completely sold out so you may have to look at going a bit further out. There are good bus and rail links to Lower Hutt, so somewhere like the Dupont Motel (or google hotel Lower Hutt) might be an option. The stadium walkway is linked to both the bus and train stations.

Thank you so much Manks - they seem to have sorted something out.

@72andsunny - they seem to have got all their tickets.

Moana Lodge is a good backpackers. Really clean and has a 94% ratings. They do long term rates too. Just need to email them to check. 20mins drive into Wellington city

http://www.moanalodge.co.nz/

I liked the BASE hostel in Auckland. Grungy but nice atmosphere. Dunno how the Welly one stacks up.