So, less than two weeks and I'm still doing a million things every day. It seems like every day there is one little thing the pet company or the shipper forgot to tell you and, oh yes, that's a few more dollars for that, of course.

My 2 year old girl, who I affectionately refer to as "Animal" (like the drummer muppet), my 5 year old boy (who just can't wait to have his own tv screen on the plane) and I will be flying without the calming and commanding presence of Daddy. Has anybody done this before? What are some travel tips you might have?

We've done a little bit of traveling with the kids and about 50% of the time people bend over backwards to be helpful and 50% of the time people are vocally rude and irritated. Nothing in between. As I used to be one of those in the latter category (before I had kids) who couldn't understand why people didn't require their children behave better , I can usually shrug off the disapproval because I know karma's a female dog! However, I've never traveled so long and so publicly with "Animal" before and I'm a little worried about her eating her drum kit. I have an iPod and laptop for the occasional movie and I know they have entertainment on the plane, but this child isn't really in the phase of life that electronics are satisfying. She would much prefer climbing the highest thing in the airport, flinging herself off of it at her brother whilst taking him down into a head lock. So...if anyone has little, clever, distracting activities they know, I would appreciate the advice!

Thanks!
Sarah