Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discount Flights to Migrants to NZ

Default Discount Flights to Migrants to NZ

Hi,

I found out that Quantas Airlines offers discount and/or extra baggage allowance for people migrating to Australia under certain visas and buying one way tickets.

I have called Lan, Quantas and Air New Zealand and they all said they do not have any special price for NZ, apart from that they just allow 1 or 2 pieces for luggage of 23 kg each. What a nightmare !!!

Does anyone know any special flight condition or price for people migrating to NZ?

Thanks Kathlyn

Doesn't Emirates do a special deal if you bank with I think BNZ...

There have been several mentions of SOME airlines allowing extra baggage when travelling to NZ on a Residence visa for the first time. A search should find them. Do check with each firm, though, because the small print has a habit of changing.

We came here in 2005 with six suitcases (family of six), 23kg each..., and lived out of them for more than two months until our container arrived resp. we could move into the rental we had lots of difficulties to find.
    Since our container was packed and set off at the end of November and our flight left on the 29th of December, we already had a month before we even left with nothing more than what was in the cases.

I found it unbelievable how you can get used to being perfectly alright with little choice in clothing

We flew Air New Zealand from UK to NZ a few weeks ago. Whilst booking they confirmed that they no longer do special deals for migrants. We did take advantage of the extra baggage allowance (GBP23 per item) which is jolly good value. Our single tickets were only about GBP100 less than the full returns. I still bought the singles just to prove a point

RR

Singapore used to offer additional luggage to migrants - they might still do. Emirates has a great luggage allowance anyway but I seem to remember a tie up with a bank where you could get more.

Oh, and it is QANTAS (no "u"); sorry one of my pet peeves! And no U even after the Q as it is an acronym for Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Services. Not sure what the rest of the states do for an airline though!

Emerates give double baggage as a routine - 2 x 23kg

Hey London,

Are you sure about Emirates? I am flying with them in a few weeks time, and they quote a 30kg allowance, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by london View Post
    Emerates give double baggage as a routine - 2 x 23kg
    Do you mean they routinely give this to migrants?

Just flew with United(domestic) and then Air NZ from DC to AKL and we were allowed 2 bags per person of 23 kgs each.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast