Thread: Comments on my CV - Is it NZ friendly

Post Comments on my CV - Is it NZ friendly

Hi everyone,

I understand employers in NZ like skills based CVs. Mine was already a skills based CV, however I had kept it to two pages and it looked a bit cramped to be honest. I have therefore reformatted it and changed bits here and there to make it more NZ friendly. It is still only 3 pages.

My situation involving visas, getting there for interview etc I hope to include in the covering letter.

Could some kind soul or other please have a look at it (it should be attached) and let me know if they have any comments for improvements (especially "New Zealandising" it!)? I will be more than happy to do the same for anyone who would like an outsider's opinion on their own CV.

Note, I have removed my name and the names of comapnies etc just in case and replaced them with imaginative titles such as Company A....

Thanks everyone,
    Last edited by screamingaddabs; 6th September 2011 at 03:59 AM.

I like it. Not my field at all, CV's I see are always the classic chronological lists of employment.

Good to see project costs in there. Minor thing but I'd add in a line in your employment history to explicitly cover your travelling.

One thing I can't get a feel for is the number of people you interact with in normal work. You mention some training delivered and supervision of others etc. I don't know whether the things you've designed were you on you own from scratch or were you responsible for designing one tiny part of something that a bigger team came up with? Not many people have 'Trained US Marines' on their CV though!

Hopefully someone in your field will be along shortly to give you some better advice!

good luck

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'll add that line in about the travelling and try to also add in some way of showing the size of the teams I've worked in. Trained US marines always looks good doesn't it! I got to go to the highly unimpressive fort Knox to do it too and got a bank holiday weekend in Nashville too!

SA

rmm ! from my point of view is to long and key skills don't have a different color or letter to visually distinguish them from the rest of the text.

Also the first part seems to be the things you should put separately in a Cover Letter.

It is my understanding that the recruiters put just a few seconds to read the Cvs, and because of that be brief is so important.

But its just my opinion!

see ya! =D