Thread: help- what to buy/bring!!!

Default help- what to buy/bring!!!

Ok, so this is a pretty general request.... We are originally kiwis but after 10 years in England it's time to move back and I know things have changed!! We have a houseful of stuff and looking to send things back- but trying to work out what is worth sending or even buying to return with.... can anyone advise us of what sort of things are cheaper and better to buy in the UK rather than NZ? Beds? Appliances? Furniture? Kitchen things etc?

Also can anyone message me a good shipping firm they have used?

Thanks!

Seems to me everyone says bring it all, we did & I'm glad as I find the cost of furniture expensive. We've just been looking at bunk beds & trundler beds (ones that go into a double) the price in the sale for the trundler bed was between $1000-1200 that included mattresses, bunks seem to vary on wether they are made in NZ or from abroad, NZ ones being $1000 without matresses (up to nz/Aus standards) but only $600 for the imports.Have a a look on Harvey Normans website & Farmers & Briscoes & that may give you an idea on all the stuff you have that they sell, I'd still say bring it all if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Seems to me everyone says bring it all, we did & I'm glad as I find the cost of furniture expensive. We've just been looking at bunk beds & trundler beds (ones that go into a double) the price in the sale for the trundler bed was between $1000-1200 that included mattresses, bunks seem to vary on wether they are made in NZ or from abroad, NZ ones being $1000 without matresses (up to nz/Aus standards) but only $600 for the imports.Have a a look on Harvey Normans website & Farmers & Briscoes & that may give you an idea on all the stuff you have that they sell, I'd still say bring it all if you can
    OUCH!!! That is pricey. We have already renewed some beds but I'm thinking it will be worthwhile renewing all the beds before we make the move, even if it is IKEA.

I did a comparison of the "Mykea" prices a few weeks ago and it was not favourable with UK prices. Will definitely pay a vist to the local store before we leave.

It may be helpful to see the comparison of bed and bedding sizes in this old post. http://www.enz.org/forum/showpost.ph...34&postcount=6

Hey there,

Like you we are heading back after 10years and the one thing i have been looking at are appliances.. especially Kitchen Appliances they seem very expensive back home.. So if there is anything you fancy i would do a price comparison on it.

Cheers