Thread: NZ problems with the Lego online game

Default NZ problems with the Lego online game

Has anyone else fallen foul of the Lego online game NOT having been fully rolled out in NZ, although they said it was going to be? More specifically, if you've found yourself only able to play about 10% of it once your first membership was used, presumably because the site won't let you go further with a NZ IP, have you found any easy way round it? (This on behalf of one disappointed Kiwi grandson.)

My kids play a lot of star wars games, some lego games here. Which part of the site is being bad?

I'll get back with that detail when I can get into the flaming site from the UK - it's been white-paging on me all day. Grrr!

It's Lego Universe. He originally was bought the DVD, which had a certain amount of built-in membership. When that ran out and my son went to buy him a bit more, Lego weren't taking any payments from NZ IPs, and he afterwards found out from complaints on line that the same thing was happening to people in Australia as well. In the meantime, Lego had introduced a play free online version, but that apparently only gives access to a demo without a whole selection of areas and functions that the boy had already got used to.

That is frustrating! My kids have trouble with the site sometimes, but I think they are in the Star Wars area. I always thought it was because we were using a Mac (and some sites require plug-ins that aren't made for Macs).

Not related but I had trouble with their free postage to NZ recently, I was within the timeframe & it wouldn't put through my order, Customer service was bad, they kept asking what they could do, put through the order for me? but they wouldn't , instead said this would be around again yet it never has since

That sounds like part of the same problem, doesn't it? Maybe one department has gone ahead with some sales to NZ and Oz, but another department thinks they've jumped the gun, so is reining things back. It would be less annoying if somebody would come clean, rather than pretending that the 'play free online' is as good as the DVD, which it isn't, and saying airily that the existing buyers down under will have the chance to equality 'sometime soon', while still refusing to pin it down at all.

You could always try getting a UK IP address, and it will then work, plus you'd be able to watch BBC iPlayer, etc.. I

I used ADTelly which seems to be working ok..

Good luck.

Good information my son likes this online lego game.