Thread: Volunteer Fire Brigade question

Default Volunteer Fire Brigade question

Anyone know which cities/towns rely more on Volunteer Firefighters by any chance?

In terms of places to live, my hubbie would want to continue his volunteering.

BTW also does anyone know whether there is an age-limit for signing up for the paid Fire Service?

We would appreciate any insight.

It looks as though you might find some answers here. http://www.fire.org.nz/recruit/ There are sidebars about recruitment for the regular service, and volunteering.

Default New Zealand Fire Service

You will get more information re NZFS on their website I would think http://www.fire.org.nz/Pages/Home.aspx

(Rural suburbs and towns rely more on volunteers than metropolitan in general.)
    Last edited by ralf-nz; 9th September 2011 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dede View Post
    Anyone know which cities/towns rely more on Volunteer Firefighters by any chance?

In terms of places to live, my hubbie would want to continue his volunteering.

BTW also does anyone know whether there is an age-limit for signing up for the paid Fire Service?

We would appreciate any insight.
    Pretty much every every place outside of the major population centers are all volunteers.

If you go to the Fire Service website you can see where the paid Fire Service stations are. Everywhere else is volunteer.

I volunteer in the Palmy area with the rural fire crew.

Let me know if you have any questions.