Thread: Blockhouse Bay?

Question Blockhouse Bay?

Hi,

We have been in NZ for over 1 month now, settling in well and all is good so far. We are currenlty in a fully furnished apartment in Auckland CBD.

We have looked for a longer term rent and found an amazing house in Blockhouse Bay. Just wanted to get a few views on the area?

Were basically after a quietish place, but with decent access to supermarkets, cinema, ect. Also need to be able to get to Penrose and Green Lane for work.

I understand all the nice beaches are East and North of Auckland, but as I have said to my partner, we can drive to a nice beach, but having a great house, with access to sea off own warf is pretty cool!

Any views would be helpful!

Thanks

The lynfield, hillsborough side of blockhouse or the avondale side?

Hi, I live down the road in Titirangi and the house you are interested in is awesome and in a lovely spot.

Blockhouse Bay is a nice area, and the supermarkets etc are close and there are a few cinemas 10 mins away.

No idea about Green Lane/Penrose but it is certainly handy for the motorway but someone else will know about that.

The beaches on this side are not sandy but they are beautiful, safe and very peaceful.

Good luck