Thread: medical for 3 year old?

Default medical for 3 year old?

myself and my son both united states citizens are moving to the u.s. with our husband/father whom is kiwi and lived overseas w/us for the past 4 years. i need a medical/physical but my son/husband does not correct?? i was under the assumption my son did not need one, now its getting closer im second guessing myself.

Your husband doesn't need to apply to go to NZ, because he belongs there, so, no he doesn't. Your son has to have a medical, but not an X-ray.

A4.20 Medical and X-ray certificates: residence class visa applications

Applications for residence class visas must include, at the time the application is lodged, a fully completed Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1007) for every person included in the application.
    Note: Pregnant women and children under 11 years of age are not required to have an X-ray examination.
    All Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificates must have been issued less than three months before the date the application for a residence class visa is made. (The issue date of a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate is the date of the declaration by the examining physician concerning the overall findings of the medical examination.)
    Despite (a) above, applicants for a residence class visa under the Partnership or Dependent Child Categories (see F2 and F5) do not need to provide a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate if:
    they have provided a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate with an earlier temporary entry class visa application; and
    they were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on that certificate; and
    the certificate was issued less than 24 months prior to the current application.
    Immigration officers may require a further Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate as a basis for determining an application for a residence class visa, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether the applicant has an acceptable standard of health.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/

I've just seen your other thread. They're quite right over there - you can relatively quickly get your son's NZ citizenship recognized, and then he won't need to be on the application, or need a medical. Just you. That's a much better solution.

thank you.

Hi Nikolye8, as I said on your other thread, your son and your husband do not need medicals. You are the only one on the application. Just apply for citizenship for your son, it really does not take that long to get the passport back.