Thread: Further Information Request by CO

Default Further Information Request by CO

Hi all,

After a long wait, we have been assigned a CO !!!YAY!!!!. But!!!!!! she needs a lot of documents for the information she is looking for.
    One of them is the evidence of relationship.
    I had submitted our marriage certificate, our son's birth certificate, copy of my wife and son's Korean visa stating that she is my dependent here in Korea, police certificate of Korea with common address.
    But now they require a proof for us living together for last 12 months. They require either joint bank a/c statements or letters/posts to both of us in the same address.
    We don't have a joint account. Also, since phone bills, electricity bills, gas bills, insurance bills, all come under my name (I kept under my name because since I can speak and understand Korean), I have no mails/posts to show them for a proof that wife and my son live with me. Furthermore, all mails have address in Korean. I don't know how many mails do I need to translate and send them. Translating and notarization is pretty expensive here in Korea.

I can send a translated and certified copy of social security card which mentions our address (which is common). Also I can send them certification of payment of insurance under one common customer number. But will that be enough? But will that proof that we are living together for last 12 months?

Guys, I need suggestions on what other documents I can send them to prove that we are living together for last 12 months.
    Also please share your experiences.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    Guys, I need suggestions on what other documents I can send them to prove that we are living together for last 12 months.
    Also please share your experiences.
    Thanks
    Did you receive any letters or post commonly or at least both of you at the same time to the same address. What about photos from where you lived. Perhaps even 'statements' from neighbours or official people (doctor perhaps) who can confirm.

Does the doctor's surgery or the child's school have both of you down as the parents, and at the same address? (Letter to say so.) Are you down as beneficiaries on each other's insurance? Did you both get invited to people's weddings or other occasions, and are there photos of you there?

Default Don't panic :)

When I was applying for the residency I've been with my partner for almost 5 years. We didn't have joint account, all paperwork was on my name, we are not married.

I talked with my CO and she advise me to include any documents supporting our relationship so I got - letters from parents of us both, letter from friends, couple of photos and one or two rental agreements from real estate agents in uk + copy of passports proving we came to NZ together.

I was really worried as its actually quite hard to get such an evidence in nowadays (all the flight tickets are electronic, all my photos are digital, I don't have any bank statements) but it was fine after all.

Good luck

Thanks all for the inputs.

I had submitted
    -our marriage certificate,
    -our son's birth certificate,
    -copy of my wife and son's Korean visa stating that she is my dependent here in Korea,
    -police certificate of Korea with common address.
    +
    -photos of marriage, family photos from different stages of our relationship as my child was growing- 6 months, 2 years and 3 years

My son doesn't go to school here.
    Living in Korea is hard with almost no social life. We never have been formally invited to wedding/ social occasions by Koreans.
    Yeh, we do have some photos of social gatherings. I will make sure I send them this time. But again as 70m45 said photos are not great evidences.
    We do have insurance papers and I believe that is +ve.
    But I still am worried about proving that we have been in a solid relation for past 12 months. Only god knows we have been in a strong relationship raising up our child.

Are you both insured on whichever vehicles you own?

We also sent in a photographic timeline - admittedly covered more than the 12 months requested, but we figured a little background info couldn't hurt! - and when I was going for an Australian visa we included a couple of notarised statutory declarations from friends.

Good luck