Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information about SMC-WTR

Post Information about SMC-WTR

Hi friends, I’m new to this forum. But I’m reading all valuable information in the threads from long time.

Still I couldn’t find details about WTR visa offer for SMC applications.

I would like to know what privileges allow for WTR-SMC (Like Medical eligibility…etc) and any other valuable information.

What is the difference bet WTR (work visa – only for 9 months) and Normal work visa ( 2Y).

pinkey

I am in the process of applying for WTR with Job offer. The WTR visa is valid for 30 months, and one can file for PR after 24 months. Here are the steps I have followed-

1. PCC for me and my OH
    2. Medicals for me, OH and child
    3. IELTS exam certificate for OH

After getting results from the above 3 procedures, one can file for Visa.

Hello and welcome.

It sounds as though you may not have found the pages about the different kinds of visas on the Immigration NZ website. If you look at all the links, under all the headings, over there, you should see the detail you need.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...k/workperm.htm
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rktemporarily/

If you find something that is not clear, please give us a link and a quote, and people will do their best to help you.

Thanks JandM / Otaku,

I have gone through lot of links and seen most of the WTR offer for 2Y and them eligible for medical. But could not find any guidelines what are the benefits allow those who got WTR only for 9m without job offer.

Some times I may misunderstand. Please correct me.

Due to details in ITA help guide (A guide to understanding and completing your Application for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category
    1105 – pg 27).

I wonder whether anyone entitled for medical within this 9m deferral period as PR holders.

Work to Residence
    if inZ is satisfied you have obtained an offer of skilled employment in new Zealand during the nine-month deferral period, you will be assessed as having demonstrated an ability to settle in and contribute to new Zealand, and will have your application for residence under the skilled migrant category approved.

Ah - you are getting mixed up because INZ used the term WTR for two, totally different, things. (Some terms changed last November, when the latest Immigration Act came into force. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm)

There is Work to Residence as mentioned on this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ce/default.htm A person deliberately applies for this visa.

The second mention you quoted is using Work to Residence as the old name for the Job Search visa, which can be awarded after interview as part of the assessment process under the Skilled Migrant Scheme (middle paragraph of no. 6, here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ew/default.htm). In this case the person put in an EOI, hoping to get Residence directly, but did not get it. Some old threads on this forum will be talking about the WTR they had after applying under Skilled Migrant - that is when the person has just nine months to find a skilled job.

About medicals - if you are applying for EITHER Residence under the Skilled Migrant category (by putting in an EOI), OR a Work to Residence visa, you are required to have a medical.

Thanks a lot JandM,

I understand. I'll go through all the details again and comeback if I have any doubt.
    I know Ur very helpful.

And I like to know is it necessary to find Full time permanent job to apply PR for those who got WTR after assessment interview. What will be if got only a part time job?

Please educate me about WTR without job offer conditions.

Thanks in advance

And I like to know is it necessary to find Full time permanent job to apply PR for those who got WTR after assessment interview. What will be if got only a part time job?
    You are using the old terminology here. To obtain Residence when you had been given a Job Search visa, you have to have a full-time skilled job (that is, using the skill which you are qualified in, and you proved your qualifications on your Skilled Migrant applications (EOI, then ITA)). As far as INZ is concerned, 'full-time' is a minimum of 30 hours per week.

The various requirements for different ways of qualifying for WTR are explained on this page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/ (which is the 'requirements' link from the page I gave you before).

If you get 9 months WTR visa, you are not eligible for free medical in NZ. You will have to buy medical insurance to cover the costs in case you fell ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkey View Post
    Thanks JandM / Otaku,

I have gone through lot of links and seen most of the WTR offer for 2Y and them eligible for medical. But could not find any guidelines what are the benefits allow those who got WTR only for 9m without job offer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast