Thread: Long Term Dog Care anyone?

Default Long Term Dog Care anyone?

We are about to start renovating our house and are struggling to find a rental to move into with our labradoodle Poppy. Does anyone know of any long term kennels around the North Shore in Auckland, or have a spare patch of grass?

Good luck with the Reno!

There is a kennels on the way out to Riverhead, we've driven past it loads of times on our way to Hallertau but I can't remember its name or if they do long term stays.

Basically drive out of old Albany village, up the hill, past the petrol station, turn left and its down there on the left.

I'll ask at work tomorrow and see if anyone knows of anywhere else.

HTH
    Mrs. B

Hi again,

Just consulted with other dog owning friends who use K9 in Massey. They report "We use K9 Heaven in Massey. A little pricey but the best place as the dogs run around fields, swim in a pond and aren't caged (they have the run of a house)."

Sounds like it might be just the place for a long term stay, I think this is them: www.k9heaven.co.nz

Good luck,
    Mrs. B.

Hi

We are Mrs B's friends and definitely recommend K9 Heaven. Our retradoodle loves the place and can't get enough of it ... as soon as we turn up the tail is wagging and she runs for the entrance! It definitely makes you feel less guilty for dropping her off there! When she's in they also upload photos to Facebook so it is nice seeing her having a great time running around with other dogs, swimming and generally having fun. They also update you to let you know how your dog is getting on (I.e. Doggy friends - Bella seems to like big Rotties and German Shepherds!).

They do discounts for long stays and off seasons so just ask ... but the great service and non-kenneling does come at a price so don't expect it to be cheap!

James