Thread: WTR visa. Medical referred MA timings 1-2 weeks

Default WTR visa. Medical referred MA timings 1-2 weeks

This is partly a continuation of my introduction thread and a response to a post from skywatcher, Just shifting it to somewhere appropriate

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35513

I'd been asked for some extra medical information from the CO and Skywatcher asked if I was sure that the MA wasn't alredy involved, I had to look back over my emails to be sure but it seemed reasonably clear on that part at least

Here's my email response from the CO, explaining it

"Because of your declared medical condition and the abnormal lipid results, I may need to refer your application to our medical assessors for an opinion on your standard of health for entry to New Zealand.
    Before I do this, can you please provide a report from your GP in regards to your medical condition detailing diagnosis, treatment needs, cause and prognosis and can you please repeat your lipid tests to see if there is any improvement in your results."
    and later
    "If you would rather I refer your medical to our medical assessor immediately, please let me know. Medical referrals are currently taking about 1-2 weeks at the moment."
    I was thinking that he had been proactive in this, though I don't understand the timing in particular as I sent the results back 4 days ago. I guess this is to do with work queues and going to the bottom of the pile each time. The thing is both reports were very positive in terms of prognosis, so I’m not sure what I could have sent back that would have meant it wouldn’t be referred anyway.
    I'll keep you updated on the response from the MAs and if it really is 1-2 weeks.
    Last edited by peachy; 22nd September 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peachy View Post
    ....."Because of your declared medical condition and the abnormal lipid results, I may need to refer your application to our medical assessors for an opinion on your standard of health for entry to New Zealand.
    Before I do this, can you please provide a report from your GP in regards to your medical condition detailing diagnosis, treatment needs, cause and prognosis and can you please repeat your lipid tests to see if there is any improvement in your results."

and later

"If you would rather I refer your medical to our medical assessor immediately, please let me know. Medical referrals are currently taking about 1-2 weeks at the moment."......
    It looks like you are very lucky Peachy in having a CO who is pro-active and looking to give you every opportunity to provide additional info that would help to satisfy any referral to an MA.

This is what I was referring to when I stated that it all depends on the CO that you get, whether it's someone who thinks pro-actively and independently to help speed along applications or someone else who does things strictly by the book.

With my CO appearing to be in the latter camp I am consequently the one having to think out of the box and pre-empt anything additional that might be asked for.

Good luck with your application going forward Peachy.

Thanks Skywatcher,

Hopefully you are right, I hadnt thought about it that way.

Just to say I got my CO got back in touch within 8 days with a cleared medical, no futher tests / reports necessay. Visa arrived in the passport about a week later.
    :-)