Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiter interview!

Default Recruiter interview!

Everyday I look at the jobs on seek and apply for those that fit (IT director/project manager). Normally i get no response or at best a recruiter who says it looks promising and to let them know when I have travel plans. Today I was absolutely shocked to answer a call on my mobile and have it be a recruiter from a job posting I had applied to just 2 hours earlier!

The job doesn't close for another week but he's forwarding my CV and talking to his client prior to then. He was remarkably nice and when he asked what salary range I would expect he told me I was way too low and both this job's pay and my general expectations with my background merited a higher wage.

There is also an internal candidate applying for this role so the chances of me being successful are less than they might otherwise be, but right now I'm just happy to have a lead!

That's Awesome! so there is some hope for us Americans trying to make it over there! Good luck with it all, and if it doesn't lead to a job, at least it will be some practice for the next one you will nail!

same thing happened to me.; now i am waiting to hear from the employeer

I have connections to a great recruiter and company looking for all kinds of IT/Project Manager types. The company (his client) has an office and opportunities in Wellington and Auckland. PM me if you'd like me forward your details onto the recruiter who contacted me. I was very happy with the process, professionalism etc. all the way around!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiChar View Post
    I have connections to a great recruiter and company looking for all kinds of IT/Project Manager types. The company (his client) has an office and opportunities in Wellington and Auckland. PM me if you'd like me forward your details onto the recruiter who contacted me. I was very happy with the process, professionalism etc. all the way around!
    pmd

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiChar View Post

oooh.. i do want to pm you; but let me get my 5th post first, before I can pm.

To clarify, these are the current list of backgrounds/experience our company is looking to hire. If you have a good solid 2-3+ years in these areas, send me a PM:

• Java developers
    • Guidewire developers/implementers
    • Business objects architects

Recruiter called back promptly and says you are asking for too low a salary?

It's like you are in some weird parallel universe (do you perhaps have a goatee now?). Where can I find the gateway to get there?

Congratulations

I think I just found a really nice recruiter - actually two of them now. I did not get this job though as the hiring team felt I was overqualified. I've heard this a few times now so I think it's time to change up my CV. It has a lot of good info on my strategic leadership and I think it spends too much space on the size of my current portfolio which is too big for most New Zealand organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Recruiter called back promptly and says you are asking for too low a salary?

It's like you are in some weird parallel universe (do you perhaps have a goatee now?). Where can I find the gateway to get there?

Congratulations
    I think that's because recruiting agency gets fee equivalent to some percentage of your annual salary (it will be worth asking the recruiter to quote market rate), I was in same situation and the recruiter helped me to get 5% more than what I quoted on the application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast