Thread: Electrician "Where to Live?"

Default Electrician "Where to Live?"

Hey guys, My partner and I will be going out in Jan 2012 to start a new life in NZ.

We will be flying into Auckland 1st, now I don't have a job offer as of yet but as its a Job that's not to city dependant I was wondering where in NZ you would recommend?

I know its a vague question and probably too big to answer in one post but Id like to have a starting point.

The sort of lifestyle I'm after is Country/Town living, Pref 1-2 hrs near a bigger city but not overly fussed about being too close. Near the coast would be a bonus. We don't have any kids or pets to worry about.

My background living in the UK has been Cornwall 20+yrs and the last 4yrs in the Channel Islands (Guernsey) those of you that know the areas can see what I like for surroundings.

Many thanks in advance, looking forward to the move.

hey silky! cant help on the sparky stuff but also from cornwall.. where did you live?

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    hey silky! cant help on the sparky stuff but also from cornwall.. where did you live?
    Hey there.

I lived pretty close to the border of Devon, Small village of "Golberdon" located near Callington & Pensilva. Plymouth is about 30-40mins away.

Where were you based? & How is life out in NZ for you?

can you post a couple more messages? once you get to 5 then we can private message!

Hello and welcome.

can you post a couple more messages? once you get to 5 then we can private message!
    Of course ill try and get to 5 posts & PM you

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    Hello to you also. Thanks for the welcome

I have got to 5 posts and added you as a friend, I do actually have a few questions on Character References which (in other posts) you have replied to, I hope thats ok. Speak soon

Hey Silky, if you are a sparky, Christchurch is the place to be at the moment! They are crying out for trades...

Good luck with the looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles3 View Post
    Hey Silky, if you are a sparky, Christchurch is the place to be at the moment! They are crying out for trades...

Good luck with the looking though.
    Many thanks, Id guessed that Christchurch would be calling out for trades, Wasn't my number 1 choice for a place to live but if that's where the work is ill give it my best shot.

Thanks for the reply.