Thread: motorcycle mechanic jobs.

Default motorcycle mechanic jobs.

Hi

My wife plans to do a post graduate in Auckland university in the begining of 2012.

Since she will be in NZ for 1.5 years I am applying for a work permit so i can work while she studies.This way i hope to get some international work experience and do a little travelling around NZ on the weekends.

I have roughly 10 years experience as a motorcycle mechanic part of which was spent running my own workshop.

I am not really picky about what job i can get but would prefer to work in a motorcycle workshop(job designation is not of primary importance) due to the fact that it would be valid work experience

Does Auckland have a good biking culture,and are there a lot of motorcycle workshops and dealerships around ?

What is the industry like in NZ? are bike shops primarily driven by paper qualifications or would valid experience and the fact that i am an excelent mechanic who can do a variety of jobs be good enough to land a job?

It looks as though we don't have any (many?) Auckland biker members!

To give you a bit of hope, here's a Google list. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...l2-2.6.0.1l9l0 There definitely are bikers in and around Auckland - my son and daughter-in-law are two of them, and they meet others and go out for days, but I don't know details, nor who works on their bikes if it's more complicated than my son can fix.

Hi JandM

Seems so

I hope things work out for us.We have been dreaming about this for a long time.

Hopefully we can meet you guys in person some day!