Thread: NZQA sent....

Default NZQA sent....

Now the long wait.

I'm not putting my EOI until I get the results BUT is it worth getting the police checks done now? And - should I risk getting the meds done before the EOI or is that jumping the gun?

Anyhow- pleased the process has started properly

In either case, it's a gamble, because both medicals and police checks have a 'life', as far as submitting them to INZ is concerned. The police check mustn't be more than six months old, and the medical mustn't be more than three months old, when you submit them with the ITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    Now the long wait.

I'm not putting my EOI until I get the results BUT is it worth getting the police checks done now? And - should I risk getting the meds done before the EOI or is that jumping the gun?

Anyhow- pleased the process has started properly
    Did you fast track the NZQA? I presume it's an IQA you have applied for and not a PAR.

My fast track IQA was turned around in 3 weeks, door to door. I would say it's worth the gamble. There is likely to be a wait for your medicals as well, so by the time the NZQA results are coming back you might be just getting your meds done. Police checks were turned around in 2 weeks for us so suggest you get these organised around the time you get your meds done.

The only thing that would "queer your wicket" would be if there was anything unusual about your NZQA. What is it for and what info have you provided?

Not necessarily the only thing, skywatcher - Delta Cephei, when you say 'before the EOI', do you mean you haven't submitted it yet? As, if that's right, nobody can say how soon it will be selected from the pool when you do, not unless you've got 140 or more points.

I did the IQA immediately as I need teacher registration as well as qualification assessment: so that will take longer.

In theory (having checked a number of times) I should have 145 points- but I thought I had better sort out the IQA first.

So- the police check should be straightforward and still be valid by the time I get the ITA (assuming I don't hear back from NZQA until 8 weeks have passed- I will still have 4 months from submitting an EOI to providing all the relevant docs as evidence for the ITA) - BUT the medical is too short a timeframe were I to do it now- I will leave that until I have submitted the EOI.

Hope that makes sense!