Thread: How much money do I need to show

Default How much money do I need to show

I submitted my EOI on October 1st, 2011. I would like to know how much money I would need on a bank statement to indicate to the officer that I can support a family of four. I have been trying to locate this information on NZ Immigration's website but to no avail.
    Last edited by coley4ja; 2nd October 2011 at 04:10 AM.

Applying for Residence through Skilled Migrant doesn't require you to show any finances. That's usually needed for people who aren't permitted to work, or not very much, e.g. visitors or students, so INZ wants to know that they have means to live without earning.

Thanks, I thought I had to show enough money to live in NZ until I gained employment.

You will need to sign a document acknowledging you have enough funds to sustain you (and anyone else on your application) for at least 24 months. It is at the end of the application and you indicate whether you meet this through cash and assets or if you have a job offer as part of your application.

Apologies - it sounds as if I'd misremembered. Which section is that?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Which section is that?
    On my application it's at the end in the "Declaration" section. You sign agreeing that you understand the cost of living, you have enough funds for at least 24 months, and that you know you're not eligible for any emergency or unemployment benefits for the first 24 months. You don't have to show proof of funds, just select the check box indicating cash and assets or job offer (which you do need to include). It's part of a page and a half of declarations just before the signatures for all those 17 and over.

I too remember signing that declaration - "no unemployment benefits will be given for first 24 months of gaining PR."

I see the declarations on page 32 here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...0D3/0/1100.pdf, but not that one. Maybe it comes on the ITA.

It is the declarations for the residence application after receiving the ITA. There's a brief description of it on pg. 17 in the Residence Application Guide.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...05July2011.pdf