Thread: Need advice before submitting EOI please.

Default Need advice before submitting EOI please.

Hi All,

I’m new to the forum and planning to apply NZ skilled migration. For the moment I have 5years 10 months experience as a Software QA engineer. I have gone through point calculator and observed that if my wife and I complete IELTS 6.5, we can claim 135 points (but still we haven’t completed IELTS).

Now my problem is if I stay another 2 months I will have 6 years experience and can go to 145 marks which is help to automatically select for EOI. But I heard that most people says NZ government going to change migration rules more tough in terms of IELTS mainly, so it is better to apply for EOI now (With available 135 points). Please suggest me the best option using your experience, either wait 2 months and go with 145 marks or apply ASAP with 135. (Anyway as I understand my job is selecting under “future growth arias” and “absolute skill shortage” lists).

Please share your expertise comments on this.

Thanks and Regards,
    chandima82

'people say' - what people? Unless it's the New Zealand government in an official pronouncement, I don't think you need take very much notice.

If NZ decide to change any regulations, it is usually quite a long drawn out process, and it will show up officially, for instance here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ormation/news/

145 points wouldn't just HELP with selection. Your EOI would definitely be selected at the next draw.

I may be wrong (hopefully someone with more experience will correct me if I am) but I think you can submit the EOI and if, after 2 months, it still hasn't been selected from the pool you can log in and amend it to claim for the extra points you are now eligible for.

Thanks JandM, If so it's better to stay another 2 months to complete 6 years and apply for EOI.

Thanks BigRed for your valuable point. It would be great if someone can confirm or comment about this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I may be wrong (hopefully someone with more experience will correct me if I am) but I think you can submit the EOI and if, after 2 months, it still hasn't been selected from the pool you can log in and amend it to claim for the extra points you are now eligible for.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why not just wait until you get the 6 years experience under your belt and then submit your EOI? You will save yourself a lot of stress and worry. Also where have you got your information from regarding the IELTS test requirements? Don't believe everything you hear be it over the internet, the newspapers or word of mouth. It's the NZ Government via the Dept of Labour Immigration Service that will be making any pronouncemnts on this. Until then, just follow the guidelines as they are. Changes wouldn't be made overnight anyway so there would be time to get your EOI in if any changes were to be made.

Good luck.

Hi All,

My wife is a nurse, she did PAR and get Level 5 result.I am the main applicant and she is my partner. does she need to register Nursing council in new Zealand before 'EOI'

thanks

Not sure if you answered this earlier but it might help others to respond, are you claiming points for her qualifications?

Unfortunately, PAR is not reliable. It is done ONLY by looking at the title of qualifications. If your EOI is selected and you have to fill in the ITA, you then have to give an IQA, which is arrived at by looking at what was studied, to what depth and for how long, which gives a reliable result which can be higher OR lower than the PAR.

This is the reason for giving points for a partner's recognized qualification.
    SM17.1 Aim and intent

The aim of providing bonus points for a partner's recognised qualification(s) is to recognise such qualifications as an indicator of the likely contribution of the whole migrating family.
    Therefore, it's the qualification itself that will bring the points, not preparedness to start working in NZ (for which registration will be necessary). The detail about requirements for the qualification is here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42640.htm
    SM17.5 Bonus points for a partner's recognised qualifications

Recognised qualifications (see SM14.5) held by the partner of a principal applicant qualify for the following points:

Level on the New Zealand Qualification Framework Points

three – must be on the List of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (SM14.10.10)

four - must be recognised in SM14.10 (d) or (e)

five, or six 10

seven to 10 20

A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for points under this provision if:
    the partner is included in the application; and
    the partner meets the English language requirements for principal applicants (see SM5.5); and
    an immigration officer is satisfied that the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable (see F2.10.1) and otherwise meets Partnership instructions (see F2.15).