Thread: Anywhere other than Trade me???

Default Anywhere other than Trade me???

Hi there,

Only 4 weeks to go until the big move and although we have accommodation organised for the first 3 months we want to keep an eye on property coming onto the market for rent. We want to stay in Rangiora but property there, I believe, is in very short supply. I have been scanning trade me on a daily basis and have started to become a little obsessed with it but the lack of housing is becoming a concern. Is there any where else to look other than Trade me? Are we making a bad decision going for somewhere where the property is in high demand or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Any replies would be much appreciated.

JC xxx

Sometimes you see stuff on Real Estate NZ that isn't on TM, or you can try finding all the local agents and registering with them now- remember NZers respond well to friendly openness and making bridges with local real estate and letting agents now could pay dividends- I'd strongly suggest a phone call over an email Good luck!

http://www.realestate.co.nz/rental

Great! Thank You Kanga! x

What kanga said

Rangiora is in a hot property market at the moment and friends of ours have had trouble finding rentals, but they do come up. Have you considered widening your net to include Pegasus? As others have suggested getting in with a local agent is a good idea and as soon as you see something you'll need to move fast and you may need to take something that overlaps with your 3 month temporary accommodation. Many rentals aren't even getting to TradeMe at the moment as the agents have people waiting so don't need to advertise.

BTW Rangiora is a great place to live if you want to come to the Christchurch area.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by the bebers View Post
    Rangiora is in a hot property market at the moment and friends of ours have had trouble finding rentals, but they do come up. Have you considered widening your net to include Pegasus? As others have suggested getting in with a local agent is a good idea and as soon as you see something you'll need to move fast and you may need to take something that overlaps with your 3 month temporary accommodation. Many rentals aren't even getting to TradeMe at the moment as the agents have people waiting so don't need to advertise.

BTW Rangiora is a great place to live if you want to come to the Christchurch area.

Good luck.
    Thanks for that! I have been looking online and registering my details with some agents, I dont think Pegasus would be too far; my daughter will be attending Fernside school (as this falls within the catchment of our initial property rental) so i think the closer to Fernside/Rangiora as possible would be better but we will have transport by then so the world is my oyster i guess.
    Thanks again xxx

I am not sure what the agents are like in Rangiora but the ones in Christchurch haven't once rang me to tell me there is a property coming up. I have had to chase them just to get a viewing and even then they still don't return your calls. Unfortunately they don't have to do much to get tenants at the moment.

The rental market is pretty hot in Rangiora and generally in the Waimakariri especially since the red zone announcements after the earthquakes.... However, even when we moved here nearly 4 years ago we found it impossible to secure something over the internet.... If you've got 3 months in Fernside you've got a bit of time and if I were you I'd be straight down to meet every property manager in town and really pushing them regularly from day one

Best of luck and give a shout if you fancy catching a coffee when you arrive

Cheers
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by peebles16 View Post
    The rental market is pretty hot in Rangiora and generally in the Waimakariri especially since the red zone announcements after the earthquakes.... However, even when we moved here nearly 4 years ago we found it impossible to secure something over the internet.... If you've got 3 months in Fernside you've got a bit of time and if I were you I'd be straight down to meet every property manager in town and really pushing them regularly from day one

Best of luck and give a shout if you fancy catching a coffee when you arrive

Cheers
    Karen
    Great stuff, thank you! I have sent quite a few emails off to different companies and have had zero replies so I guess the best way is to just go in and meet them face to face. And thank you very much. Coffee would be great. xx