Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mt Maunganui in the wet

Question Mt Maunganui in the wet

We are off for a week to the mount but the forecast is looking like rain almost every day so far Anyone from up that way know of anywhere we can go to amuse a 6 & 3 yr old (girls) on such days, I treally don't want to head all that way to be shut indoors for the week
    Thanks in advance

Oooh, bad timing.

But. A few thoughts. Waimarino water park - well you'll be wet anyway.
    BloKarting - outside, but something to do if you wrap up warm.
    Spring Loaded. Ditto.

You may find the mount track is closed as they are doing some repair work. But you can still use the 4x4 track to walk to the top.

Day trip to Rotorua (45 mins drive) and the Hot pools? (would avoid the Mount hot pools at the moment if the local press is anything to go by).

MacLaren Falls park is nice (20 mins from town, 30 from the mount on teh road to Hamilton). Zoo there, and then there's a few walks which are through the woods so semi sheltered (same applies to walks in teh Redwoods in Rotorua on the mornign of your trip there, then the Hot pools and finish off with a trip up the cable car / luge ride). Lunch at the Fat Dog and you win the prize for the coolest parents.

Inside stuff. Err. Hmmm. Well..... The art gallery will take 20 minutes.

Deckchair at the mount is our cafe of choice at the mount, then Grindz on second avenue in the CBD.

Sorry, haven't got kids, so ignore all the innapropriate naff ideas above as you see fit.

Lollipops and Chipmunks are two childrens indoor play areas. You have the newly renovated hot pools at the mount. Shame the weather is soo miserable as it is a beautiful place. Baywave swimming pool...but not that exciting! Such an outdoors place. Have a fab time and I hope we see some sunshine for you.

Baywave is a good option for an indoor activity. The kids would enjoy the slides and wave pool. further more, it right next to Bayfair Shopping.

There is the Ten Pin Bowling at 13th Ave or the movies at the Mount.

Hope there will be pockets of sunshine for you!!!

amy

Thanks, that's given me lots to think about, 45 mins isn't that far when you need something to do. Swimming was being saved for a rainy day so we are deffo going there & a Chipmunks or Lollipops will be good to give us a rest.

Just found out some devastating news though, OH is Welsh & Wales are playing Ireland here in Wellington so I NEED to find somewhere he can watch the game close by, I think we are on Pacific Avenue otherwise he wont want to leave till that night or Sunday now

Would have invited you round to watch it here, but we're at Eden Park for the games this weekend...... There is an official Heineken pub at the mount and another one in the CBD.

Last edited by Duncan74; 3rd October 2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Deleted as it was a double post. You'd have thought I'd have learnt how to use the forum by now wouldn't you.....

Thanks for that Duncan, just 10 mins drive according to Google maps so he'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Last edited by Duncan74; Yesterday at 09:27 PM. Reason: Deleted as it was a double post. You'd have thought I'd have learnt how to use the forum by now wouldn't you...
    Using your phone instead of a 'proper' computer? This happened to me the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Using your phone instead of a 'proper' computer? This happened to me the other day.
    No. Just being a plank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast