Thread: Almost there but so much still to do!

Default Almost there but so much still to do!

A manic couple of weeks but we are getting there. Land on 1st November, accommodation near Cambridge sorted, removals sort of booked, going through piles of paperwork and organised a garage sale for Saturday. But now that it is so real there is lots of talk of leaving parties - quite a few have been organised and to be honest I'm not looking forward to them so far I have managed to keep busy and not think about it too much. Really excited about our new life - just not looking forward to the goodbyes.

Just say "see you later" instead of goodbye. Great time to arrive- Cambridge is looking lovely

Thanks kanga - i hadn't thought of it that way - good to get perspective!

I'm in the same boat, kanga, but I leave in 10 days. My head is swimming with all the scrubbing and disinfecting of shoes, golf clubs etc. I have now got to the stage of saying "too busy and I'm a boring old fart anyway" to all the invites. Hoping to just slope off....

oops, sorry that was Catchers, not Kanga, I was talking too (and anyone else who may or may not be interested!)

Exciting times jiffy! I was really hoping to miss out on the goodbyes but friends and neighbours know that I will get too busy so they have organised everything pretty early - luckily I foiled a surprise party event. I know that it is more important for them and maybe the children but I know I'm going to have to make sure we have plenty of tissues! At least we have taken advice from the forum and are staying in our own at heathrow before we fly and the hotel has a pool to keep children busy. Just have to work out how to get us all down there!? Good luck with the cleaning

Have a great, safe flight and enjoy what is yet to come.
    :O)

Agree with Kanga...Cambridge looks beautiful right now..trees out and weather sunny and warmer...just in time for Spring!!!

thanks - i am really looking forward to some relaxing times!!!