Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student's Spouse Working Visa

Hi again,

Sorry to pull up this topic again.

Have tried to make sure and to look a residency path for a student after "Graduate Work Experience visa" with no avail.

Is the "Work to Residence visa" truly the next logical step before a student can be eligible for the residency? Is there any link that mentions about what a student can do to make them able to continue to stay in NZ after his/her "Graduate Work Experience visa" has been expired? Because definitely they can't apply and accepted through the EOI for the next 24 months since they have used the "Study to work visa" prior that.

Is there any input from others too who had passed your "Graduate Work Experience visa " period and working out your way to residency?

Thanks.

Anybody?

The truly right person who could answer all your concerns is a licensed immigration adviser. I,too has this predicament. I did research on my own, but had made decision errors along the way. A friend introduced me to a licensed immigration adviser and she was able to guide me all the way. Thankfully, I never regretted that decision. You could check out the list of licensed immigration adviser at their website www.iaa.govt.nz. I am sure you have one in your area.

ianpb, what exactly is your objection to the Work To Residence visa? You are asking what a student can do to make them able to continue to stay in NZ after his/her "Graduate Work Experience visa" has expired, and a WTR would do exactly that.

Hi Buchukoy, thanks fr the advice, just curious, what was the step that you have taken then?

JandM, just to make sure that the the person who has hold the graduate job search visa would still be able to apply under WTR.

Rgds,

I did consult other people and asked for advices on what to do. In the process,I got confused with different information. I realized in the end that the processes involved with every individual application is different as each case and circumstances is different. Likewise, due to changing immigration policies,those experiences gone through by other people no longer applied to my case. There are also many instances that my interpretation of the policies I read on the different websites were wrong. It was a good thing that I got an advise from an immigration adviser thru the help of a friend. I am sure you have one in your area. All my concerns were addressed and my visa was approved. I strongly recommend this. But if you feel you could do it on your own and willing to take the risk,then its your choice. With too many people giving you advice and insights, the tendency is you get confused with all the info. So,leave it to the expert and get help.

Thanks buchukoy, appreciate it.

Hi, I am currently enrolled in my 2nd year of Bachelors in Early Childhood Education(level 6) and got my visa for the same. I arrived in NZ last year on a student visa and my spouse was granted a partnership based work visa. Would my spouse be eligible for a work visa based on my studies still? my profession is out of the Long Term Skills list. However, when we applied for my visa, we submitted all documents for 3 years of studies and where told by the visa officer that we will require to renew every year. My husband has a full time job with the Flight Centre as an International Travel Consultant. Please advice. Thanks.

Your question is the first I've seen like this. I don't know, and there isn't anything in the regulations to tell us. SOMETIMES, when INZ change their lists and/or rules, there is a mention that anyone who started off under the old conditions will be allowed to continue (known as the grandfather clause), but sometimes this doesn't apply.

Does the department of your university which deals with foreign students have any information, perhaps?

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is that you will need to ask INZ - you may need to insist to speak to a supervisor, because the first people that answer phones tend just to refer to a FAQ database which doesn't have subtle/awkward questions on it, and you already KNOW that if your husband's case came up NOW he wouldn't be eligible, so you need to know if there's a special provision.

Sure. Thanks for your reply JandM Much appreciated!!!

I also came across this link..my current profession is listed here. Could you explain this please. Thanks and regards

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....ravel+Advisers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast