Thread: Additional tests & Childrens?

Default Additional tests & Childrens?

Hi all,

I have had a response from NZ House in London regarding my partnership application & they have asked that I have a HbA1c test & have my waist measured due to me having a high BMI - I am praying this doesnt hold us all back!

One weird thing though is when I originally contacted NZ House they told me to apply & dont worry about the kids as they can apply from NZ should we get there - now they are telling me they should be included on this application - they are also telling me to send them for medicals to do this...

I am really worried - they are 3 & 1 & to think of them having to have an x-ray & blood tests really upsets me - surely children of this age shouldnt have to be put through this -can anyone shed any light on this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Wolf_Gsy View Post
    Hi all,

I have had a response from NZ House in London regarding my partnership application & they have asked that I have a HbA1c test & have my waist measured due to me having a high BMI - I am praying this doesnt hold us all back!

One weird thing though is when I originally contacted NZ House they told me to apply & dont worry about the kids as they can apply from NZ should we get there - now they are telling me they should be included on this application - they are also telling me to send them for medicals to do this...

I am really worried - they are 3 & 1 & to think of them having to have an x-ray & blood tests really upsets me - surely children of this age shouldnt have to be put through this -can anyone shed any light on this?!
    I thought youngsters like yours were exempt from medicals? Or at least xrays?

its more the blood test I am worried about I think!

At 3 and 1 they won't need any of the additional tests. They will just need the medical exam by the physician. Blood work and x-rays are only for those 15 and above. Urinalysis is included for above 5 years old.

Matt Wolf Gsy, it sounds as if you need to make friends with the INZ website, etc.. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...lExaminers.pdf There is a huge amount of information over there, so you don't worry unnecessarily.

Small Children don't need any tests as long as they are healthy. My 4 and 7 year old only got a general check-up (eye-sight, hearing, stethoscope listening, etc), no lab tests or X-rays. The older one (7 years) did get to pee in a cup, which was an incredible adventure

I would echo the above. No blood tests or x-rays for children and only children out of nappies will need to 'pee in a cup'. Go to your local chemist and get a sterile tube and do this at home - much easier and less stressful for a young child.

OK so additional tests are booked for next Friday...

I need a HBA1C test as I have a BMI of 37 & I need to have my waist measured...

Kids are having a medical as well...

The bad news is that I have borrowed someones blood glucose tester & it appears that mine is quite high - at around 8% - although I have never had the symptoms of diabetes before...

So I guess it is going to be bad news & my application will be coming back with a big red REJECTED stamp on it....

Gutted!

Blood glucose levels vary with what you've been eating. (My mother is a diet-controlled diabetic, so I've seen this at close second hand.) Cut right down on extra starches and sugars between now and your medical, and drink plenty of water, and you may find you don't have a problem after all.

You are very unlikely to get rejected on this issue in the long term, judging by what has happened to other forum members. It's more likely, depending on the particular MA, be given time to follow some treatment and/or an exercise/diet regime and have to report back, or you may be asked for the opinions of more doctors. Or they may just say, 'Oh, okay.'