Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help from electricians please

Question help from electricians please

hi, we have got a letter from the ewrb stating we need a better reference from my partners employer. what did you put in your reference. his employers don't know about nz so we are trying to keep it under the radar by getting one of the admin girls to do it. how did you go about proving you did 2000 hours in the last 4 years, surly not 4 years worth of pay slips. the comprehensive detail of work experience, is that 'the template' that was kindly given to me from here? i made that up but they wouldn't accept it as i done that on the computer myself and wasn't included in the reference. plus it says it needs details of connection of electrical fittings relative to the 2000 hrs of wiring installations. i hope that doesn't mean he has to list everything as he wouldn't be able to remember that far back.
    any ideas greatly recieved

Hi,

The reference from his employer needs to contain details of work duties, usually written by his immediate supervisor, engineer or manager.
    You can't make this stuff up. The EWRB do regularly check references.

You also need to submit a concise but detailed 'resume of experience'.
    PM me your email address and I'll send you an example.

Nick..

thanks nikt. i have pm'd you

Done.

Nick..

Unhappy

thanks for that. that is very similar to what i had sent in with the reference but because i had done it they are not accepting it.

NikT, could you send me some sort of sample of what I need too if you dont mind?
    I have a sort of basic template made up, but I have no idea if it is what I require or not,
    my current employer, and past are easy enough to go with whatever I need on the forms, they are just confused as to how/what form it needs to take,
    rather than the normal reference letter.
    thank you so much,

oh dear,
    I have just realised I need another 4 posts to be able to PM,
    hang on a while please,

Hi, Nick.

Would like to request for a sample of a detailed resume of experience for EWRB requirement. However, not sure how to PM you my email address as this is my first post to the forum.

Thanks.

Christine

You need to make five posts before you can PM. After that, if you click on someone's username, PMing will be one of the options in the drop-down box.

By the way, this is an old thread, so you would probably do better to attract NikT's attention by PMing him when once you can.

Hello JandM,

Thanks. Will do as advised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast