Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to drive from Orewa to Auckland CBD?

Default How long does it take to drive from Orewa to Auckland CBD?

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to drive by car from Orewa to Auckland CBD? Is it possible to do this on a daily basis - meaning, is it possible to live in Orewa while working in Auckland CBD?

Any insight on public transportation times?

coco.

Hi, Lots of people commute from Orewa/ red beach / whangaparoa. getting on to the motorway is not the hard part, once you hit around Greville Road coming down the motorway, thats where the traffic grinds to a halt as you meet all the traffic coming up from the East Coast Bays area - all those south africans in the bays have a lot to answer for !! :-) So about 15 to 20 minutes drive or so from Orewa, then 45 mins or longer to get to the central city in rush hour traffic. I live in Glenfield and it takes about 45 mins to town , getting on at Tristram Ave. (look them up on google maps)

I have been told its faster to drive to a park 'n ride station then catch the bus. Or get a motorbike. One lady I know moved from Glenfield, to Orewa, and rides her big Honda in every day - she loves it.

Or perhaps look at houses out towards gulf harbour (on whangaparoa peninsular) and catch the ferry?
    cheers

Many commuters drive until Albany Park and Ride then take bus to CBD.

I guy in my office thinks that Orewa IS Auckland as he travels from even further out.

I think it takes about 20 mins from Orewa to Albany (which is easy ride) and bumpy one starts from Constellation Drive to Auckland CBD it can take anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes. Better option would be to Park & ride from Constellation Drive/Albany and take any express bus (it might cost around $4-$5 each for bus journey).

I recently moved to Albany and take express flyer bus which gets me to office within 25 minutes (no traffic/parking hassles)

I live in Whangaparaoa and work in Mount Eden. It takes me between 45mins and an hour in the morning (setting off here at 0715ish)

Quote Originally Posted by happydave View Post
    I live in Whangaparaoa and work in Mount Eden. It takes me between 45mins and an hour in the morning (setting off here at 0715ish)
    thats where we were , well Arkles Bay -great place look forward to seeing it again...
    a while ago now so cant comment on current journey times but reckon i left at 7, maybe a bit earlier to get to Auckland hospital for 8am

I was Arkles Bay until last week.

Quote Originally Posted by happydave View Post
    I was Arkles Bay until last week.

me jealous never

I Live in Torbay and drive to Grafton I leave at 6.30 and it takes me 20 mins from door to desk if I leave at 7.30 it takes me 50 mins going hme i leave 4-4.30 and again 20-30 mins

OH catches a bus at Albany the car park is full at 7.15am so parking on the road is required it takes 20 mins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast