Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview pattern in NZ... Plz help (share your thoughts)

Default Interview pattern in NZ... Plz help (share your thoughts)

Hi friends,
    Fortunately, I'm shceduled for an interview on coming Thursday with my current employer, but from NZ branch. There is chance of internal movement, though I'm not sure how it'll go through and how will it work out...!!!!????

Just thought of seeking your advise on NZ interview patterns... In general, how does this work...??? Is it personal introduction with education, experience and then skills? Do I need to explain a lot about how I can contribute the team and how my experience will help them?

Please help me with your experience, so that I can utilize your suggestions to get the best out of this opportunity... getting prepared but excited and anxious at the same time....

Best part is, I worked for same team, but from India. Manger and Team Lead (who will take my interview) have fair background about me...

many thanks...

I think they might just question around settlement part (how you would settle with new location, work environment, challenges at work, making friends, dealing with colleagues face to face as you move onsite. Just few pointers, hope that helps!

Besides the normal questions you will face in your home country it is in my experience about the differences - in education, in experience, in (work) culture.

hm... thanks for your inputs... Will try my best!!

I think they would want to know your long term plans in NZ i.e. settling in ...

Just be cool and happy ...

Good Luck...I reckon you are in with a very good chance....
    Last edited by GeorgeV; 20th October 2011 at 08:19 AM.

Thank you GeorgeV, for the wishes.. Done with first round of interview and it went reasonably well. Had very bad connectivity to phone though... Interviewer had to disconnect twice during the interview. we were not able to hear each other over the phone initially...

Well, guess what!!! there were no technical questions... It was all about, how I can be a good team player, how I'll work in a Global team, how I cope up with the clutural changes in the new team in a new country, how I handled pressure in prvious jobs, how I tackled tricky situations, and so on...

waiting to hear for results... not sure, if I'm going to have anouther round of interviough though. Manger supposed to join the call but he could not make it today. I'm expecting for another interview schedule from manager... will keep you posted..

Hmm... All went well but Manger is not in a postion to roll out an offer without me physically precent in NZ... Strange!!! but tough luck!!!

What was the purpose of call then? They were aware that you were not in NZ right.

Yeah, sounds weird... not sure if he was trying to complete the procedures on books as this was an internal application. may be just as a formality to close the application...

Good Luck and hope all goes fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast