Thread: Do EOI points freeze after submitted?

Question Do EOI points freeze after submitted?

Hello.
    I submitted my EOI recently with 115 points (with 10 bonus points for being in the LTSSL) . In Feb 2012, I'll achieve 6 years of experience and be able to claim 125 points. That is until I turn 30 on March and my points will go down to 120. My question is, if my EOI gets selected during Febreaury, and during the course of the verification I turn 30, will they drop my points?

Thanks, everyone.

The only 'point' of points is to get you selected. Once you are selected, they're totally irrelevant.

When I submitted my application, I remember reading some information somewhere that suggested the age to be taken was the age on the date of the ITA lodgement date. When my EOI got selected I was near the end of an age category before moving into the next less favourable age category. So I had to rush a bit to put in my ITA submission to beat the "age deadline". I got my resident visa at the end but didn't know if it really did matter though.

From the SMC guide:
    ...if you have a birthday between being sent an Invitation to Apply and your application being lodged, this may mean you fall into a different age bracket. If this happens, and you are no longer eligible for as many points (see the table below), we may not be able to approve your application.

Although you have four months in which to lodge your application, if you know your upcoming birthday will change the age bracket you fall into, it is in your interest to lodge your application before your birthday – even though you have four months to do so.

I beleive once you are selected and issued ITA you are fine. But during the EOI selection and issuing ITA, if it goes down, CO may not award you points. Once ITA is issued, your points will remain same.

Riz is correct, that was exactly what I was told by my CO.

Thanks everyone.