Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qantas

Default Qantas

Looking at flights back to the UK next year - first trip back after 3 years! - and Qantas have come in miles cheaper than anyone else at $9k for 4 (as opposed to AirNZ $12k for 4).

We've only flown with airNZ in the past and always been impressed with the level of customer service. Has anyone got opinions - good or bad - of Qantas? Would rather save the 3k if we can but would rather pay it if it means the journey (with 2 kids) is going to be easier.

All I know is when wew came over in 2008 then everyone who was coming over for a race that travelled with Air NZ got here fine and with luggage. 100% of those people that travelled with BA / Quantas ended up here late or without a bike / other baggage (although the bags / bikes did make it in the end).

We have flown both from the US/NZ and have had no problems with either one. I still prefer AirNZ, but Qantas was good as well. I am with you...I would save the $3k.

Not for us, see thoughts here

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34776

Suddenly the 3k saving doesn't seem like such a good deal! Thanks all for comments, will be avoiding Qantas

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihusker View Post
    We have flown both from the US/NZ and have had no problems with either one. I still prefer AirNZ, but Qantas was good as well. I am with you...I would save the $3k.
    My thoughts too.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We used Qantas to fly to the States recently. I would rate them fine. Nothing special but good service, food was fine and in-flight entertainment was good. We didn't have any Qantas-Qantas connections and, therefore, less chance of missed bags. But our bags all arrived safe and sound and as expected.

To be honest I find most airlines much of a muchness for an economy flight. Although I do find that BA crew tend to feel like passengers are an inconvenience to them and would avoid them if possible.

mrs v just bagged 2 return flights for march with malaysian, came in a shade under 3k nzd

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    Although I do find that BA crew tend to feel like passengers are an inconvenience to them and would avoid them if possible.
    Can relate to that experience

Qantas is generally fine (no better than fine though). Things to think about are whether you are going to be inconvenienced by strike action, ensuring you avoid any flights operated by BA like the plague, and whether an additional time and stopover when you are travelling with kids is worth the hassle than flying with just the one stop.

For a $3k saving I would fly Qantas over Air NZ with our kids ... but would make sure that none of the Asian carriers (who all have better service) aren't similarly priced! But then our kids positively like flying and enjoy take-off and landing so the more stops the better for them!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast