Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case referred to Senior Immigration Officer

Question Case referred to Senior Immigration Officer

Hi All

I had applied for a silver Fern couple of months back. My medicals had been earlier sent to be evaluated because of my high BMI.

Today my CO calls up and tells me that she has referred my case to a Senior officer. Should i be worried?? or is this the normal process..

Please advise if you have had a similar experience...

Hello and welcome.

Did she give any further detail?

Welcome to the forum.

I think its a general practice that each CO's decision is reviewed by one of their senior. Do you recollect what happened with your BMI? Could you get it under control (below 35 limit)?

As you have mentioned just that (and I assume there's no other showstopper), you might want to give it a thought/more details here for others to assist you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Did she give any further detail?
    Thanks JandM!
    No she didnt say anything else, she said she couldnt tell me anything else at the moment.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I think its a general practice that each CO's decision is reviewed by one of their senior. Do you recollect what happened with your BMI? Could you get it under control (below 35 limit)?

As you have mentioned just that (and I assume there's no other showstopper), you might want to give it a thought/more details here for others to assist you.

Thanks Sun777!

The CO told me last month that the medicals had been referred to doctors in NZ, as my BMI was high, and that she would get back to me within 6 - 8 weeks. I have reduced my BMI since (low carb diet and running), but unfortunately havent gotten it below the required level ... they also seem to have a waist size requirement... which for Indian men is 90 cms!!

Anyway, i havent been asked to submit a new medical, so they have no way of knowing if my BMI has changed or not..

I was expecting them to ask me for a new medical, but all i know now is that the case has been referred to another officer..

Ok, in this case (and based on my experience) your CO might drop a formal letter to you regarding BMI (and medical referral) after consulting her senior & Medical Assessor's point of view based on other results in your Medical report.

That's just by my experience and I hope it turns out different & fast for you.

Thanks Sun777! Keeping my fingers crossed! Will let you all know how it turns out..

Hello Mr Singh, what happened with your app and BMI? Was there any complication or went well with your SFV approval?

Thanks,
    Sri

Hi Singh,
    Am also wanting to know how your SFV went?

My friend's med certs came back with high cholesterol result ... docs have not been submitted yet as still waiting on other things but do you think having high cholesterol will cause some issues with the application? lol

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Depending on how high, and if the doctor ticked this as 'abnormal', your friend's medical may be referred to the MA. To cut down any delay as much as possible, it would probably be a good idea not to wait to be told to do something, but to go voluntarily to the GP, and start putting into practice any advice or treatment given. That way, if the MA wants a further doctor's report, the GP will already have some findings and some progress to talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast