Thread: Shipping goods to NZ from UK

Default Shipping goods to NZ from UK

Does anyone know, the quickest and cheapest way to freight personal effects from the UK. More particularly from London...

Hi Jade

I've not used any service like this but i am having great trouble getting companies interested in shipping less than a whole house full.

Have you tried http://www.cargobookers.co.uk/ they are near Heathrow

or http://www.avm-storage-shipping.co.uk/

I did a google search.

Good luck, please let me know how you get on.

Deborah

The only one I could think of was http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk/

Default Port to Door once in New Zealand

Found a really good company called relocation NZ in Auckland. Very economical on the port to door service for containers, cheaper than the UK or other companies and very transparent on the additional fess which other hide or profiteer on.

Contact them at customerservice@relocationnz.com

Hmmm you really really like that company don't you!!

Or do you run it?

Moorf, in the voice of dick emery,

"You are awful but I do like you!"

Default Door to Port Shipping

You have no idea how much trouble we had with our shipping company. We used a company called United Movers International who quoted on a 40 ft container. A bout a week before it was due to arrive, aand we were already in NZ, they advised us that 20cubic feet of our goods were still in the UK. They wanted us to pay for another container at 2000 pounds sterling. After 8 weeks we eventually agreed to pay another 1400 pounds for a port to door service and were left with the problem of how to get the container of the wharf. We contacted a lot of shipping comapnaies who wanted $1800 +GST all the way through to $2300.00. In one case The Moving company wanted $600.00 for MAF clearance and they all wanted more for port service charges. It seems the shiping companies pray on the ignorance of immigrants.

When we dealt with Relocation NZ everything was open and honest. The charged us about $1100 for all the paper work and we only paid the actual MAF fees as charged by MAF which worked out at about a $180.00 including the onsite inspections. We paid the actaul port service charges which I think were about $350.00.

So yes given our experience we were very happy with our experience. they had been through it themselves and set up the business as a result so knew what we were going through. the saved us money. It seems that compared to salaries and international prices most things are expensive (read rip off) in this country which you have to forgive if you want the lide style. We were happy with them and can recommend them.

Cool - a website address would handy for other members

Shame you had to go through all that with United though

Sorry to be silly but I can't seem to find any website address called www.relocationnz.com

Do you have the exact link for the website rather than just an e-mail address?

I'm having awful trouble with finding a relocation company from france to NZ. I've got a one-bed appartment and no company is interested in movnig small appartments like that. The 2 companies that I contacted never even replied to my e-mails or voice-mail........

Cheers
    Starkhorn