Thread: Requirements your job offer must meet

Default Requirements your job offer must meet

Hi,

Got some questions again, I really did some research and can't wait to ask and share them,

Essential Work:

It's written:

Your job offer must come from a New Zealand employer who can prove to us that there are no suitable New Zealand workers available to do the job. This can be done in three ways.

• The employer can request an approval in principle from us to recruit overseas workers. This will have been done before you apply for a work visa.

• The employer provides the proof as part of your application process.

• The occupation may be listed on one of the Essential Skills in Demand Lists.

So, if a person has a diploma 5 in IT, which is in LTSSL.

When that person gets a job offer in IT industry, so what he has to do is only grab that job offer letter and show it to the INZ to have his temporary working visa to be processed right? Based from what is written in point 3 above.

Appreciate any comments on this one.

Best Regards,

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I think you're getting confused between temporary work visas and residency visas, the ITSSL and LTSSL. There are two different purposes.

Temp work visas are linked to the ITSSL. If your occupation is on the ITSSL, then NZIS has determined there is an immediate need for those people and the employer (provided they are an approved employer) won't have to prove they can't hire in NZ, as NZIS has already determined there's a shortage of people. If a job isn't on the ITSSL, the employer has to go through the steps you outline above to get you the visa.

Residency via SMC is different again. If your job AND qualifications are on the LTSSL, you get bonus points that will help your EOI get selected, potentially without the need for a job offer. If you have a job offer that is on the LTSSL, NZIS will ask fewer questions.

However, my job offer, while classed as skilled, was not on the LTSSL. My employer was asked by NZIS why they had to recruit from abroad and they just emailed a response. No big dramas and no proof required.

Hi Manks,

Thanks fr drop by, but from what I read:

+++++++++++++

Essential Skills in Demand Lists
    The Essential Skills In Demand Lists are the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL), the Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL) and the Canterbury Skill Shortage List (CSSL).

We use the LTSSL for both temporary work and residence instructions. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the LTSSL requirements, you may be eligible for residence through our Work to Residence (LTSSL) instructions, or the Skilled Migrant Category.

We only use the ISSL for temporary work instructions. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the ISSL requirements, there is no direct link to residence.

+++++++

So I am thinking that the LTSSL can be use for both of temporary and residence visa.

And it was nice to know that your employer had found no hassle to clarify the needs for outsourcing from abroad.

Best Regards,

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I guess that's right then. Personally I don't know why you'd apply for a work visa if you were on the LTSSL. Might as well go all out for residency. But I guess it's each to their own and some people may not want to go the whole hog.

My job wasn't on any list, but Mr Manks could have got a work visa on the ITSSL and brought me with him. Then I could have found a job in country that would lead us to residency. That was our plan b.