Thread: Shipping companies - AUS to NZ

Default Shipping companies - AUS to NZ

Hi,

I was just wondering if any one could recommend a good relocation company, for a move from Australia to NZ (Gold Coast to Hamilton).

(I've searched the forum and most recommendations are UK to NZ ones.)

We went with Transglobal and they lost our container in Melbourne so I would not recommend them. I have heard good things about Kent.

Thanks Glenmoore, I guess I won't be going with Transglobal then.

Its so hard trying to find a good reliable company to use, when so many people I've asked haven't had good experiences. One person will praise the company they used, then the next person will bag out the same company...

In the end, I think you need to go with your gut feeling and have insurance for the items that matter. While we had to inform Transglobal that our container had not arrived in Wellington as they didn't know, the packing and other aspects were good. Only one thing was damaged - that was our LCD TV (still usable but has a screen defect) and we are in the process of our insurance claim with them. All our fragile and breakable items including fine china and paintings arrived safe and sound.

Assume it will take 2 weeks longer than the shippers estimates and you won't be too disappointed. I think we were a bit naive!

I got 5 quotes from different shipping companies, and I just can't get over the price difference. The quotes range from $4664 to $7255 (this is for approx 19/20m3 of furniture going on groupage shipping in Jan '12).

We ended up choosing Grace Movers, as out of all the shipping companies which have offices in NZ, theirs was the most competitive quote.

Will let you know what their service is like upon receiving our goods.