Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on order of scheduling?

Default Advice on order of scheduling?

Hello. I am wondering about the order of the way I should be checking things off my list.
    My NZ citizen boyfriend and I will be applying for the temporary work visa through partnership, during my next visit over which will be this January. I want to apply in person at the Auckland immigration office as soon as possible so I am looking to get all the documentation and forms done before I arrive so that within a few days of me being there, we can apply.
    Here's my worry though, I plan on completing my medicals here in the U.S. But I remember reading somewhere that the medicals cannot be more than 30days old from the date the application is submitted? Is this correct? Does this leave me with a very small window to get my medicals completed and all blood work and x-rays results returned and then I have 30 days after being signed off to apply?
    And also, if for some reason my application is denied, will I then need to pay to get another medical review and form completed before filing another application?

Im still really new to this whole process so I appreciate all the information provided and hopefully without you having to sigh exasperatedly to yourself and think "duh!".

You've remembered wrongly about the timing. The medicals are good for three months. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...neldoctors.htm

That means that the same medicals could last for another application, possibly.

Ah! 3 months, not 30 days...I knew there was a three in there somewhere

By the way....does the two passport photos (Please bring TWO passport-sized photographs and your passport to your appointment to ensure your medical and X-ray report can be completed) I need to bring, do they need to be the same photo I have in my passport, or just the same dimensions and of just my face no obstructions etc etc.

Thanks JandM!

Any photo that meets passport-type requirements. The doctor can see that it's you, and the passport shows that you're who you say you are.

Did most of those who already got their medicals done, use your own general practice family doctor that you've used for most of your medical needs over the years?

My husband and I used a regular family practice doctor (though not "our own" as we hadn't been to see anyone in quite a few years) and we used our normal pediatrician for the kids.

It was a bit challenging finding a doctor who was willing to do the medical as they seemed really overwhelmed by the paperwork and the requirements. Both doctors were quite a bit nicer about it when I offered to pay a "paperwork" fee to compensate them for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by tmai View Post
    Ah! 3 months, not 30 days...I knew there was a three in there somewhere

By the way....does the two passport photos (Please bring TWO passport-sized photographs and your passport to your appointment to ensure your medical and X-ray report can be completed) I need to bring, do they need to be the same photo I have in my passport, or just the same dimensions and of just my face no obstructions etc etc.

Thanks JandM!
    Our medical requires 3 photos

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Our medical requires 3 photos
    I think you're right. Ours definitely had 3 as well - one each for the doctor's exam, lab technician, and x-ray technician to verify.

I do the xrays for immigration and the photos need to be recent. We do not accept photos more then 3 months old. We find a lot of people have a for example; 6 year old passport and bring in the same photo which we wont accept. A lot of ppl do not look the same six years on!

Quote Originally Posted by Azkateaz View Post
    It was a bit challenging finding a doctor who was willing to do the medical as they seemed really overwhelmed by the paperwork and the requirements. Both doctors were quite a bit nicer about it when I offered to pay a "paperwork" fee to compensate them for their time.
    By the way Azkateaz, what exactly do you say when calling around to doctors to find someone to do the medicals? How do you describe what you are looking for, and are a lot of doctors even familiar with this request?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast